|Born||Michelle Joann Fields|
|Education||B.A., Pepperdine University, Political science, 2011|
Contributor, FOX News
Panelist, Fox News Channel's Cashin' In
Michelle Joann Fields is an American libertarian political journalist and a Fox News contributor. Upon graduating from Pepperdine University in 2011, she gained national attention after having a confrontation with actor Matt Damon over teacher tenure reform. After the altercation, Fields was hired as a reporter at The Daily Caller. Fields is a regular panelist on the Fox News program Cashin' In.
Fields was raised in the Los Angeles area and attended Calabasas High School in Calabasas, California. Fields is of Honduran descent and is the daughter of television and film writer Greg Fields.
Fields films and edits her videos in a citizen journalism style. She credits the internet for launching her career and believes that the popularity of her videos is due to her style of reporting. In an interview with C-SPAN in 2011 she said that the use of the internet has empowered people so much that now "one voice can be just as powerful as the New York Times."
In 2011 Fields was interviewed by Brian Lamb on the C-SPAN Sunday night show Q&A about her reporting style. Fields has appeared on CNBC, Sky News, Fox News, Hannity, The O'Reilly Factor, Fox and Friends First, Your World with Neil Cavuto, America's Newsroom, Fox and Friends, America Live with Megyn Kelly, Stossel, Red Millennial, and Red Eye w/Greg Gutfeld. Fields was featured in Details Magazine as part of the next wave of political pundits.
- "Matt Damon's clash with libertarian journalist Michelle Fields on education is a viral hit". Washington Post. 2011-08-03. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Q&A With Michelle Fields". C-SPAN. 2011-11-30. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "2011 SFL Awards Finalists". Students For Liberty. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- Wednesday (2012-10-24). "Meet the Next Wave of Political Pundits: The Daily Details: Blog". Details. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- "I will be giving a TED Talk in Miami". MichelleFields.com. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/09/fox-news-adds-michelle-fields-as-contributor-195513.html. Missing or empty