Robert and Michelle King at the 2015 PaleyFest presentation for The Good Wife
|Spouse(s)||Robert King - 1987|
Michelle King (neé Stern; born 1958) is an American television writer and producer. She is married to Robert King, who is also her writing partner. The couple created the legal drama series The Good Wife, which earned them a Writers Guild of America Award. They have also created the comedy-drama BrainDead.
Michelle King, with her husband, co-created the short-lived drama series In Justice in 2006. The series aired as a mid-season replacement on ABC. As well as the pilot, King co-wrote the episode "Golden Boy". The series was not renewed after completing a thirteen episode first season.
The Kings co-created a second legal drama series entitled The Good Wife. They served as executive producers for the series. As well as the pilot episode they co-wrote the episodes "Stripped," "Unorthodox," "Hi," and twelve other episodes. King and the writing staff were nominated for a Writers Guild of America Award for Best New Series for The Good Wife. Robert and Michelle King also created and produce the thriller drama series BrainDead, which premiered on CBS on June 13, 2016.
- Charles McDougall (director); Michelle King & Robert King (writers) (September 22, 2009). "Pilot". The Good Wife. Season 1. Episode 1. CBS.
- Charles McDougall (director); Michelle King & Robert King (writers) (September 29, 2009). "Stripped". The Good Wife. Season 1. Episode 2. CBS.
- John Polson (director); Michelle King & Robert King (writers) (2009-11-10). "Unorthodox". The Good Wife. Season 1. Episode 7. CBS.
- John Gallagher (director); Michelle King, Robert King & Barry Schkolnick (writers) (February 9, 2010). "Hi". The Good Wife. Season 1. Episode 14. CBS.
- Gregg Mitchell, Sherry Goldman (2010). "2010 Writers Guild Awards Television, Radio, News, Promotional Writing, and Graphic Animation Nominees Announced" (Press Release). Writers Guild of America. Retrieved April 7, 2010.