||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Life and work
Loughery was born in the community of Michel-Natal in the Elk Valley in southeastern British Columbia, but her family was relocated to the nearby mining town of Sparwood when the community of Michel-Natal was dismantled by the provincial government in the 1970s.
Loughery has created mural projects in Cuba, Missouri Route 66 Mural City, USA; Vernon, British Columbia, Heritage Murals; and country music themed murals in the Country Music Capital of Canada, Merritt, British Columbia. Her 9/11 mural commissioned by the Brooklyn Fire Department is on photographic display in the Smithsonian Museum, and she is currently working with the Province of British Columbia on a multi-city mural project entitled, The Wayfinder Project. Currently Loughery is working on a journal novel with Michael Moore on her wall journeys. 
BC Community Achievement Award 
- McDonough, Fiona (1 June 2003). "Painters help PS 229 memorialize 9/11". Daily News. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Canadian artist Michelle Loughery update #2…". Cuba, MO - Route 66 Mural City. 2010-10-23. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- Administrator. "The Heritage Murals of Downtown Vernon - Home Page". www.vernonmurals.ca. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- loughery, michelle. canadiancountrymusichalloffame http://www.ccmhalloffame.com. Retrieved 15 June 2016. Missing or empty
- "BC Community Achievement Awards". www.bcachievement.com. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- Sutherland, Jim. Murals Brighten Walls, Live. More Magazine. Summer 2008
- Grant, Paul. BC Artist to Paint Sept.11th Mural for NYC School. CBC News. March 17, 2003.
- British Columbian Achievement Foundation. Thirty Nine British Columbians Receive British Columbian Community Achievements Awards. March 15, 2005.
- Understanding My Ukrainian Grandparents http://disq.us/9uc64s