|Born||Michelle Lynn Monaghan
March 23, 1976
Winthrop, Iowa, U.S.
|Residence||New York, New York, U.S.|
|Spouse(s)||Peter White (m. 2005)|
Michelle Lynn Monaghan (born March 23, 1976) is an American actress known for her roles in Mission: Impossible III, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Gone Baby Gone, Made of Honor, The Heartbreak Kid, Eagle Eye, Source Code, and True Detective.
Monaghan was born in Winthrop, Iowa to parents Sharon Monaghan, who ran a day care center in the family's home for 40 years, and Robert Monaghan, a factory worker. She has two older brothers, Bob and John. Her parents brought up twelve foster children over a period of twelve years. Monaghan has Irish and German ancestry, and was raised Catholic.
She graduated from East Buchanan High School in 1994, where she was class president and acted in several plays. After graduation, she moved to Chicago to study journalism at Columbia College Chicago and began to model. She modeled in Milan, Singapore, Tokyo and Hong Kong, as well as in the United States. With one semester remaining to complete her journalism degree in 1999, she left for New York to pursue an acting career, where she appeared as a model in several magazines and catalogs before making her acting debut.
||This section possibly contains original research. (October 2014)|
Monaghan's first notable appearances, though minor roles, were in episodes of Young Americans (in which she appeared twice), and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, came in 2001. She made her big screen debut that year in the small role of "Henrietta" in the movie Perfume. This was followed by another small role in Unfaithful in 2002.
Monaghan got a big-break role in 2002 when she co-starred in the television series Boston Public playing the role of Kimberly Woods. After guest-starring for a season, she returned to film, appearing in It Runs in the Family in 2003, Winter Solstice in 2004, and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in 2005.
In 2007, she starred in The Heartbreak Kid as Miranda, opposite Ben Stiller. She also starred in Gone Baby Gone receiving excellent notices for her performance as the female protagonist, Angie Gennaro, opposite Casey Affleck. In 2008, she appeared as "Hannah" alongside Patrick Dempsey in Made of Honor, and co-starred in Eagle Eye with Shia LaBeouf. She also starred in the movie Trucker as Diane Ford.
Monaghan met Australian graphic artist Peter White at a party in 2000. They married in Sydney five years later in August 2005 and live in New York. She gave birth to their daughter Willow Katherine White in 2008 and son Tommy Francis White on October 30, 2013.
Awards and nominations
|2005||Satellite Award||Best Supporting Actress||Kiss Kiss Bang Bang||Nominated|
|2005||Saturn Award||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2007||Critics' Choice Movie Award||Best Acting Ensemble||Gone Baby Gone||Nominated|
|2009||San Diego Film Critics Society Award||Best Actress||Trucker||Won|
|2014||Golden Globe Award||Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film||True Detective||Nominated|
|2014||Satellite Award||Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film||Nominated|
- "Michelle Monaghan" Hollywood.com
- Paton, Maureen (April 19, 2008). "Michelle Monaghan: The new romcom queen". Mail Online (Daily Mail). Retrieved November 14, 2010.
- Palmer, Martyn (2006). "Michelle Monaghan Interview". Madeinatlantis.com. Retrieved November 12, 2013.
- Haugen, Dan (November 10, 2005). "Small-town girl Michelle Monaghan hitting it big in Hollywood". Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier. Retrieved November 13, 2010.
- "Michelle Monaghan biography at". Movies.yahoo.com. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- O' Doherty, Cahir. "Michelle Monaghan practices and preaches in ‘Machine Gun Preacher’". IrishCentral.
- Scheller, Christine (September 19, 2011). "‘Machine Gun Preacher’ Poses Tough Questions". Urban Faith. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
- "Michelle Monaghan" Retrieved 8 June 2015
- Monaghan, Michelle (February 18, 2014). Michelle Monaghan's Big Moment. Michigan Avenue. (Interview) (online ed.) (Chicago: Niche Media, LLC). Retrieved 2014-10-14.
- "michelle monaghan begins modeling". askmen.com. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- Freydkin, Donna (2008-04-28). "Michelle Monaghan was 'Made' to be an actress". USA Today.
- Leonard, Elizabeth (June 2, 2008). "Michelle Monaghan Expecting First Child". People. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- Monaghan, Michelle (September 26, 2011). How Michelle Monaghan Stays Grounded and Gorgeous. Health.com. Interview with Laurie Sandell (Time Inc.). Retrieved 2014-10-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michelle Monaghan.|
- Michelle Monaghan at the Internet Movie Database
- Michelle Monaghan interview at reviewgraveyard.com
- Profile of Michelle Monaghan
Vanessa Marshall (2010–2011)
|Actress to voice Wonder Woman