|Michele Monique Reis|
|Born||Michele Monique Reis
20 June 1970
|Other names||Lee Ka Yan|
|Education||Maryknoll Convent School|
|Home town||Hong Kong|
|Spouse(s)||Julian Hui (m. 2008)|
|Children||Jayden Max Hui, born on8 February 2011|
|Relatives||Li Jiaming (older sister)|
Michele Monique Reis (born 20 June 1970) is a Hong Kong actress of Portuguese and Shanghainese descent. She is the winner of Miss Chinese International Pageant 1988 and Miss Hong Kong 1988 Beauty pageants.
Reis was born in Portuguese Macau on 20 June 1970. She is of mixed ancestry; her father was Portuguese, and her mother, who is Canton Shanghainese, moved to Hong Kong. Her father, Francis Reis, was born in Hong Kong. He was captured by the Japanese when Hong Kong during World War II. In the concentration camps, he was very popular and loved by the other prisoners. However, because of his height, he was sent to work in the mines in Japan until Japan's surrender. After his liberation, he returned to Hong Kong and married Michelle's mother.
Reis's parents divorced in 1987. After this time, she rarely contacted her father, who later died in 1995. Reis recalls her childhood as an unhappy one devoid of toys or new clothes. She recalls only her mother's tears and parents' endless bickering, her father gradually coming home less and less, thereby resulting in her being raised by her mother. Many years later after having abandoned his family, Reis's father was thought to have made a phone call to her. By this time, she was already famous. Many years later, Reis recalled this phone call, which left her hurt.
Reis has a sister named Li Jiaming who in September 2010 gave birth to a son.
Reis had excellent results when attended Maryknoll Convent School result to 2A (English, Bible) and ranked 7B five-year secondary education graduation exam. Participated in Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination after shortly she won the 1988 Miss Hong Kong Pageant.
In 1973, 3-year-old Michelle Reis was first discovered by shooting a baby ad. In 1982, 12 years old, she took on a second advertisement. During her study, many scouts had stopped her on the road, and offered her casting and shooting commercial film but Reis refused because she wanted to be a flight attendant. Reis started part- time modelling at the age of 14. She first came to fame when she won the 1988 Miss Hong Kong Pageant at the age of 18. Reis was also the first Miss Chinese International in the same year. Following her Miss Chinese International crowning, she went on to participate in the Miss World 1988 pageant, where she promoted the image of Hong Kong. She was then supposed to compete in the Miss Universe 1989 pageant but withdrew due to health problems.
Reis started to build a career within the entertainment industry in the 1990s. She starred in commercials eventually leading to movies. She has also appeared in music videos and TVB television episodes.
Reis married business tycoon Julian Hui on 23 November 2008, following a very public two-year courtship. Julian was formerly married to Pansy Ho, the daughter of Macau casino businessman Stanley Ho.
Reis gave birth to a baby boy, Jayden Max "JM" Hui, on 8 February 2011.
- Bodyguards and Assassins (2009)
- Miss Du Shi Niang (2003)
- The Irresistible Piggies (2002)
- Beauty and the Breast (2002)
- Every Dog Has His Date (2001)
- Bakery Amour (2001)
- Healing Hearts (2000)
- The City of Strangers (2000)
- When I Fall in Love... with Both (2000)
- The Island Tales (1999)
- Round About Midnight (1999)
- Prince Charming (1999)
- Flowers of Shanghai (1998)
- Young and Dangerous 4 (1997)
- Heaven Earth Great Ambition (1997)
- 100 Ways to Kill Yourself (1996)
- Fallen Angels (1995)
- The Other Side of the Sea (1994)
- Drunken Master III (1994)
- The Black Morning Glory (1993)
- The Sword of Many Lovers (1993)
- The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk II (1993)
- The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk (1993)
- Casino Tycoon II (1992)
- Royal Tramp II (1992)
- Zen of Sword (1992)
- The Wicked City (1992)
- A Kid from Tibet (1992)
- Party of a Wealthy Family (1991)
- Swordsman II (1991)
- Perfect Girls (1990)
- Doctor's Heart (1990)
- No Risk, No Gain (1990)
- A Chinese Ghost Story Part II (1990)
Chinese white-collar workers display images of Michele Reis at the office to subtly ask for a raise in salary because her Chinese name Jiāxīn (嘉欣) is an exact homophone of 加薪 ("pay raise") in Mandarin Chinese, and is a near-homophone in Cantonese language (ga1yan1/ga1san1).
- Reis's secret life experience: childhood was abandoned by the father
- Compare life experience
- Reis expressed joy to share with everyone when she promoted "Auntie"
- Baike Baidu
- sina.com.cn Reis profile. Retrieved on 28-09-2007
- "Michelle marries Julian", The Star, 2007-09-02, retrieved 2010-03-19
- http://t.qq.com/michelejiaxin Michele Reis official blog (Chinese). Retrieved on 8 February 2011.
- "Michelle Reis". imdb.com. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- "Michelle Reis". chinesemov.com. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- Wang, Guanqun (2010-04-12). "Chinese white-collar workers seek higher salaries". Xinhua News Agency.
|Miss Hong Kong
|New award||Miss Chinese International