Michelle Terry is an English actress and writer, known for her work on stage and for portraying Sara on Reunited.
Terry aspired to be an actress from an early age. She attended an amateur dramatic society and took LAMDA exams at school in poetry, prose and spoken verse. At the age of fourteen she joined the National Youth Theatre. She read English literature at Cardiff University before training at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, graduating in 2004.
Terry made her professional debut in the touring and subsequent West End production of Blithe Spirit, playing the Maid and understudying Elvira. Her other theatre credits include The War on Terror, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, The Man Who Had All the Luck, Tribes and As You Like It. Her work at the National Theatre includes London Assurance, All's Well That Ends Well and England People Very Nice.
For the Royal Shakespeare Company, Terry has appeared in productions of Days of Significance, Pericles, The Winter's Tale, The Crucible and Love's Labour's Lost, playing Rosaline. She was among the writers of Sudden Loss of Dignity, staged at the Bush Theatre in 2009.
Terry has appeared in broadcast versions of London Assurance and All's Well That Ends Well, as part of National Theatre Live, and in the Globe Theatre production of Love's Labour's Lost, which was released on DVD in 2010. Her television credits include episodes of Extras, Law & Order: UK and the Mike Bullen pilot Reunited, playing "Sara". She was co-writer, with Ralf Little, of the comedy drama TV series, The Cafe, which aired on Sky1 from 2011-13, in which she played "Sarah Porter". The series was set and filmed in her own hometown, Weston-super-Mare.
- Blithe Spirit Savoy Theatre: London (2005)
- As You Like It New Vic Theatre: Newcastle-under-Lyme (2005)
- The Crucible Royal Shakespeare Theatre: Stratford Upon Avon (2006)
- Pericles Swan Theatre: Stratford Upon Avon (2006/7)
- The Winter's Tale Swan Theatre: Stratford Upon Avon (2006/07)
- Love's Labour's Lost Shakespeare's Globe Theatre: London (2007)
- The War on Terror Bush Theatre: London (2008)
- 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover Bush Theatre: London (2008)
- The Man Who Had All the Luck Donmar Warehouse: London (2008)
- Tribes Royal Court Theatre London (2010)
- England People Very Nice National Theatre: London (2009)
- All's Well That Ends Well National Theatre: London (2009)
- London Assurance National Theatre: London (2010)
- The Light Shining in Buckinghamshire Arcola Theatre: London (2010)
- Comedy of Errors National Theatre: London (2011/12)
- In The Republic of Happiness Royal Court Theatre: London (2012/13)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream Shakespeare's Globe Theatre: London (2013)
- Love's Labour's Lost and Much Ado About Nothing (Love's Labour's Won) Royal Shakespeare Theatre: Stratford Upon Avon (2014)
- As You Like It Shakespeare's Globe Theatre: London (2015)
|2005||Extras||Female Extra||1 episode: "Patrick Stewart"|
|2009||Law & Order: UK||Debbie Grove||1 episode: "Unloved"|
|2011||The Café||Sarah Porter||Co-writer|
- The Stage/Features/Showpeople/Michelle Terry; retrieved 20 February 2011.
- Michelle is right at home for new Sky comedy show Weston Mercury; retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "National Theatre Update" (PDF). National Theatre. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- GlobeLink :: Princess of France: Michelle Terry plays the Princess of France; retrieved 20 February 2011.
- Michelle Terry – Company Members – National Theatre; retrieved 20 February 2011.
- Michelle Terry | London Theatre Database; retrieved 20 February 2011.
- BBC – BBC One Programmes – Reunited; retrieved 20 February 2011.
- She is currently playing the role of Luciana in the National Theatre's production of 'A Comedy of Errors'. Somerset seafront sitcom The Cafe ready for airing on Sky One | This is Somerset Retrieved 2011-11-15.
- "M.E.N Theatre Awards: The Judges' verdict". City Life. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- Terry wins Best Actress In A Supporting Role – Laurence Olivier Awards Retrieved 2011-03-16.