Michigan Wolverines men's soccer
|2014 Michigan Wolverines men's soccer team|
|University||University of Michigan|
|Location||Ann Arbor, MI|
|Head coach||Chaka Daley (2nd year)|
|Stadium||U-M Soccer Stadium
|Colors||Maize and Blue
|NCAA Tournament College Cup|
|NCAA Tournament Quarterfinal|
|NCAA Tournament Appearances|
|2003, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2012|
|Conference Tournament Champions|
The Michigan Wolverines men's soccer team is the intercollegiate soccer program representing the University of Michigan. The school competes in the Big Ten Conference in Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2013)|
Colors and badge
The team colors of Michigan are maize and blue. The badge is formed in a shape of a shield. At the top it has the word Michigan inscribed in maize behind a blue background, with the word Soccer on the bottom and a block M in the middle.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
|Assistant Coach||Tommy McMenemy|
|Assistant Coach||Ian Gordona|
|Volunteer Assistant Coach||Jhojan Obando|
|Program Assistant||Tim Weaver|
|Year||Head Coach||Record||Big Ten||Standings||Big Ten Tournament||NCAA Tournament|
|2003||Steve Burns||14-7-1||5-1-0||2nd||5th||Elite Eight|
|2004||Steve Burns||11-8-4||1-4-1||7th||3rd||2nd Round|
|2008||Steve Burns||13-6-3||4-1-1||2nd||3rd||Sweet 16|
|2012||Chaka Daley||11-10-1||3-2-1||3rd||2nd||2nd Round|
- Knox Cameron - (Columbus Crew)
- Luke Coulson - (Cardiff City FC)
- Michael Holody - (Colorado Rapids)
- Peri Marosevic - (FC Dallas, Toronto FC)
- Justin Meram - (Columbus Crew)
- Kofi Opare - (Los Angeles Galaxy)
- Soony Saad - (Sporting Kansas City)
Michigan has played at the U-M Soccer Complex since 2008, and at the U-M Soccer Stadium (built on the site of the Soccer Complex) since 2010. The entire complex cost $6 million to build and includes three fields, including separate practice fields for both the men's and women's teams. The 2,200-seat stadium is built around the central field, and it includes stands on both sides of the field that are both covered by a roof. The stadium features a press box, separate home locker rooms for both the men's and women's teams, an athletic medicine training room, and handicap seating, as well as restrooms and concessions for spectators.
Michigan supporters are known as Michigan Ultras. They support the Michigan Wolverines men's and women's soccer teams from the student section. The section consists of over 900 members and is located in the student bleachers of the U-M Soccer Complex and is a registered official student organization with the University of Michigan.
- "Michigan Men's Soccer Year-by-Year Results". MGoBlue.com. University of Michigan. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- "U-M Soccer Stadium". MGoBlue.com. University of Michigan. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- "Style Guide: Colors". Office of Global Communications, University of Michigan. 2015-07-07. Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- "Building up a program". The Michigan Daily. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- "Michigan Men's Soccer Roster". MGoBlue.com. University of Michigan. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michigan Wolverines men's soccer.|