2018 Michigan elections
|Elections in Michigan|
This article needs to be updated.November 2018)(
The Michigan general election, 2018 was held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 throughout Michigan.
Incumbent Democratic Senator Debbie Stabenow ran for re-election to a fourth term.
House of Representatives
All of Michigan's fourteen seats in the United States House of Representatives were up for election in 2018.
Governor and Lieutenant Governor
Incumbent Republican Governor Rick Snyder is term-limited and cannot run for re-election to a third term in office.
Secretary of State
Incumbent Republican Secretary of State Ruth Johnson is term-limited and cannot run for re-election to a third term in office.
Incumbent Republican Attorney General Bill Schuette is term-limited and cannot run for re-election to a third term in office. He is currently running for Governor.
Announced Democratic candidates include former US Attorney Patrick Miles Jr. and Detroit-based attorney Dana Nessel. On April 15, 2018, Nessel won the endorsement of the Michigan Democratic Party at its convention. Miles suspended his campaign and endorsed Nessel.
All 38 seats in the Michigan Senate will be up for election in 2018.
House of Representatives
All 110 seats in the Michigan House of Representatives will be up for election in 2018.
Two seats on the Michigan Supreme Court will be up for election in 2018. Justice Kurt Wilder, who was appointed by Governor Snyder to replace retiring Justice Robert P. Young Jr., and Justice Beth Clement, who was named by Governor Snyder to replace Justice Joan Larsen after the latter was confirmed to a seat on the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in November, 2017, are each eligible to run for re-election. The two winners of the election were Clement and Megan Cavanagh, who unseated Wilder.
- Skubick, Tim (February 6, 2017). "Hopefuls lining up for 2018 political races". WLNS-TV. Retrieved February 7, 2017.
- Skubick, Tim (February 6, 2017). "Early announcements for 2018". The Alpena News. Retrieved February 7, 2017.
- Staff (19 September 2017). "Ex-US attorney files to run for state Attorney General". WOOD-TV.
- Gray, Kathleen (15 August 2017). "Prominent Detroit attorney Dana Nessel to run for Michigan attorney general". Detroit Free-Press.
- Gray, Kathleen (15 April 2018). "Dana Nessel wins Michigan Democratic Party endorsement for attorney general". Detroit Free-Press.
- Egan, Paul (17 November 2017). "Snyder names Chief Legal Counsel Beth Clement to Michigan Supreme Court". Detroit Free Press.
- Mack, Julie (November 7, 2018). "Beth Clement, Megan Kathleen Cavanagh poised to win Michigan Supreme Court seats". Michigan Live. Retrieved December 2, 2018.