Batshuayi playing for Standard Liège in 2014
|Full name||Michy Batshuayi Tunga|
|Date of birth||2 October 1993|
|Place of birth||Brussels, Belgium|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 August 2015.
Batshuayi is eligible for the DR Congo through his parents, but in March 2015 he ruled out this option, stating that although his Congolese heritage is important to him, he would rather represent Belgium. Batshuayi has a younger brother, Aaron Leya Iseka, 17, who currently plays for the Anderlecht youth team.
Batshuayi made his debut for the Standard Liège senior team on 20 February 2011 in a 4–1 loss away to Gent. He went on to score the only goal in a 1–0 win over F.C. Copenhagen in the last match of Group B during the 2011–12 UEFA Europa League group stage, sending his team into the knockout stages.
On 8 August 2014, it was announced that Batshuayi player had signed with Olympique Marseille. On 29 October 2014 he scored his first goal for the club in a 2–1 defeat at Rennes in the third round of the Coupe de la Ligue.
Batshuayi made his international debut on 28 March 2015 in Belgium's home match against Cyprus in UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying. He replaced Christian Benteke in the 77th minute, and three minutes later scored from outside the penalty area for the last goal in a 5–0 victory.
- Scores and Results show Belgium's goal tally first
|1.||28 March 2015||King Baudouin Stadium, Brussels, Belgium||Cyprus||
||UEFA Euro 2016 qualification|
- "Olympique Marseille’s Michy Batshuayi Chooses Belgium Over DR Congo". Caught Offside. 5 March 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "KAA Gent 4 Liege 1". ESPN Soccernet. 20 February 2011. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Solid Standard march on unbeaten after FCK win". UEFA. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Batshuayi vers Marseille !". DHNET. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Scott, A (23 August 2015). "MICHEL'S MARSEILLE HIT TROYES FOR SIX". Ligue 1. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- Scholten, Berend (28 March 2015). "Classy Belgium too strong for Cyprus". UEFA. Retrieved 8 April 2015.