Michael Frederick "Mick" Billmeyer (born April 24, 1964) is the bullpen coach for the Detroit Tigers.
Billmeyer was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the second round of the 1985 Major League Baseball Draft. As a catcher, he played in the Orioles, Texas Rangers, and California Angels organizations. Billmeyer played nine seasons in the minor leagues, mostly at the Single-A level, and advanced as far as Triple-A. He did not play in the Major Leagues. Early in his playing career, Billmeyer went by "Mickey", a shorthand form of his given name of Michael. Later in his playing career, "Mickey" was shortened further to "Mick".
Billmeyer began a career in coaching after his playing career came to an end. From 1994–1999 he was the bullpen/workout coordinator for the Angels. He joined the Phillies organization in 2000, working as a catching coordinator for the organization through the 2003 season. From 2004–2008 he served as the Phillies Major League catching coach, and then served as the bullpen coach from 2009–2012. For the 2013 season, Billmeyer returned to the role of major league catching coach. During his time with the Phillies, Billmeyer served under managers Larry Bowa, Gary Varsho, Charlie Manuel, and Ryne Sandberg. As the catching coach, he was a member of the 2008 World Series Championship team.
Following the 2013 season, the Phillies announced they would not be renewing Billmeyer's contract.
On November 18, 2013, the Tigers announced the hiring of Billmeyer as their bullpen coach.
- "Mick Billmeyer". Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 18, 2013. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "#453a - Mick Billmeyer - Midland Angels". The Trading Card Database LLC. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- Zolecki, Todd (October 5, 2013). "Phils not renewing longtime coach Billmeyer's contract". MLB.com. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- Beck, Jason (November 18, 2013). "Vizquel to be part of Tigers coaching staff". MLB.com. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|Detroit Tigers bullpen coach