Mick Brown (journalist)
Mick Brown (born 1950 in London) is a journalist who has written for several British newspapers, including The Guardian and The Sunday Times and for international publications. For many years he has contributed regularly to The Daily Telegraph. He is also a broadcaster and the author of several books.
Mick Brown's previous book, The Dance of 17 Lives,[dead link] told the story of the 17th Karmapa, one of the most important figures in Tibetan Buddhism. This book covers the life of Urgyen Trinley Dorje and clarifies the politics surrounding his recognition.
Brown has also written a biography of entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson, which has been revised to take into account Branson's latest business interests, including the Virgin rail service and his failed bid to run the National Lottery.
His book The Spiritual Tourist, cataloged contemporary spiritual quests around the globe, particularly in India. Brown also compiled a companion album to the book, Music for the Spiritual Tourist.
- American Heartbeat: Travels from Woodstock to San Jose by Song Title. London: Penguin Group. 1994. ISBN 0-14-017165-7.
- Richard Branson: The Inside Story. London: Headline. 1998. ISBN 0-7472-3216-4.
- The Spiritual Tourist: A Personal Odyssey through the Outer Reaches of Belief. London: Bloomsbury Publishing. 1999. ISBN 0-7475-4282-1.
- The Dance of 17 Lives: The Incredible True Story of Tibet's 17th Karmapa. London: Bloomsbury. 2004. ISBN 0-7475-7161-9.
- Mick Brown on Performance (Bloomsbury Movie Guide). London: Bloomsbury. ISBN 1-58234-043-9.
- Tearing Down the Wall of Sound: The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector. London: Bloomsbury. 2007. ISBN 1-58234-043-9.
- "Bloomsbury author information".
- Contributor Mick Brown
- Garceau, Scott R. (November 12, 2008). "Blast from the past. The X-Pat Files. Review of Tearing Down The Wall Of Sound: The Rise And Fall Of Phil Spector". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- "Tearing down the wall of sound". Random House.
- Goldstein, Melvyn C.; et al. (June 1, 2004). "Book Review: Brown, Mick. The Dance of 17 Lives: the Incredible True Story of Tibet's 17th Karmapa.. A Tibetan Revolutionary: The Political Life and Times of Bapa Phuntso Wangye.". Booklist. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- Scobie, Claire (August 1, 2004). "Review of The Dance of 17 Lives: the Incredible True Story of Tibet's 17th Karmapa". The Age. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- Hilton, Isabel (17 May 2004). "Spiritual struggle. Review of The Dance of 17 Lives: the incredible true story of Tibet's 17th Karmapa". New Statesman. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- Paine, Jeffery (June 27, 2004). "The Born-Again Buddha of Tibet". The Washington Post. p. BW08. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- "The Dance of 17 Lives". Bloomsbury.com.