|Michael John Flynn|
|Born||1960 (age 56–57)
|Years of service||1979–1993
2001 – 2012
|Rank||Warrant Officer Class 1|
War in Afghanistan
|Awards||Conspicuous Gallantry Cross
Flynn was born in Cardiff in 1960. He joined the British Army and served in the Blues and Royals. He has seen active service in Northern Ireland, the Falklands War, the Bosnian War, the Iraq War and the War in Afghanistan. In 2003 he was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross as a Lance Corporal of Horse when serving with D Squadron, Blues and Royals in Iraq. In August 2006 Corporal of Horse Flynn was awarded the Military Cross in Helmand province, southern Afghanistan, in action against the Taliban.
- Evans, Michael (20 December 2006). "Two bravery awards for Army's top hero". London, UK: The Times. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "Household Cavalry Association North West & W Yorks". www.householdcavalry.net.
- "No. 57100". The London Gazette (Supplement). 21 October 2003. p. 4.
- Flynn, Mike (2010). Bullet Magnet: Afghanistan, Bosnia, the Falklands, Iraq, Northern Ireland. Orion Publishing Group, Limited. ISBN 0-297-85991-9.
- Flynn's account of Afghanistan, The Guardian; 17 November 2006; accessed 11 February 2014.