Mick Price (snooker player)
|Born||2 June 1966|
|Highest ranking||21 (1995/1996)|
|Highest||141 (1994 Benson & Hedges Championship)|
|Best ranking finish||Semi-finals (1993 European Open)|
Michael "Mick" Price (born 2 June 1966 in Nuneaton) is a retired English professional snooker player. He turned professional in 1988 and is best known for being Ronnie O'Sullivan's opponent when O'Sullivan scored the fastest 147 break in the game's history, at the 1997 World Championship. O'Sullivan won the match by 10–6.
At the 1990 Benson & Hedges Satellite Championships, Mick became only the third player to compile three consecutive century breaks (in professional competition) when making contributions of 139, 137, 100 in beating former World number 2 Tony Knowles 5-4 in a high quality encounter. He also qualified for the World Championships in 1992 and 1996, reaching the second round in 1992 by beating Dennis Taylor 10–6 in the first round before losing in the second round, 10–13, to Alan McManus. In 1996, he lost to McManus again in the first round, 8–10. He peaked at #17 in the world rankings and remained in the top 32 until 1999. Price’s best performance at a ranking event came at the 1993 European Open, where he beat Dave Harold, Willie Thorne, Joe Johnson and Mark Johnston-Allen to reach the semi-finals, where he lost 3–6 against reigning World Champion Stephen Hendry. He retired in 2004. He is now a maths teacher and plays local league snooker.
- Snooker Scene Blog. 2009. Past Masters #3. [Online] (Updated 2009) Available at: http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2009/06/past-masters3.html [Accessed 5 December 2010]. Archived at https://www.webcitation.org/5ul9Ome2g?url=http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2009/06/past-masters3.html
- "That sinking feeling". BBC Sport. 2001-05-01. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "Price makes sure Taylor pays for a ragged display". The Times. 1992-04-02. p. 25.
- "Time's is running out for me, admits Price". Coventry Evening Telegraph. 1999-01-11. Archived from the original on 2012-10-19. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- Snooker Scene Blog (2005, Mick Price)
- Malyon, Mike (2013-11-26). "Potted history! Mick Price meets up with Ronnie O'Sullivan 16 years on from Rocket's super 147". coventrytelegraph. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
|This biographical article relating to snooker in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|