Mickey Mouse Revue
|The Mickey Mouse Revue|
Mickey Mouse Revue at Magic Kingdom
|Opening date||October 1, 1971|
|Closing date||September 14, 1980|
|Replaced by||Magic Journeys (1987 – 1993)
Legend of the Lion King (1994 – 2002)
Mickey's PhilharMagic (2003 – present)
|Opening date||April 15, 1983|
|Closing date||May 25, 2009|
|Replaced by||Mickey's PhilharMagic (2011 – present)|
The Mickey Mouse Revue was an indoor audio-animatronic stage show in the Fantasyland areas of the Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland theme parks. It was one of the three original opening day attractions in the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland in 1971, and after closing in 1980, it was moved to Tokyo Disneyland for that park's opening in 1983.
The basic premise of the show was a musical concert, in which Mickey Mouse conducted an orchestra made up of various Disney characters.
- Mickey Mouse - conductor
- Minnie Mouse - violin
- Daisy Duck - cello
- Pluto - high-hat cymbal
- Goofy - bass viola
- Huey - trumpet
- Dewey - trumpet
- Louie - trumpet
- Scrooge McDuck - ukulele
- Mad Hatter - bass clarinet
- March Hare - helps with bass clarinet
- Winnie the Pooh - kazoo
- Rabbit - slide whistle
- Piglet - harmonica
- Tigger (Winnie-the-Pooh) - drum
- Monty (city mouse) - clarinet
- Abner (country mouse) - saxophone
- Gus - trombone
- Jaq - helps with trombone
- Dumbo - tuba
- Timothy - helps with tuba
- Kaa - his own tail
- King Louie - xylophone, timpani, etc.
- Baloo - flute
- "Overture: Heigh Ho/Whistle While You Work/When You Wish Upon a Star/Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee"
- "Who's Afraid of The Big Bad Wolf"' - The Three Little Pigs
- "I'm Wishing" - Snow White
- "The Silly Song" - The Seven Dwarfs
- "All in The Golden Afternoon" - Alice and The Flowers
- "The Three Caballeros" Donald Duck, Jose Carioca and Panchito Pistoles
- "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo" - Fairy Godmother
- "So This is Love" - Cinderella and Prince Charming
- "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" - Brer Bear, Brer Fox, and Brer Rabbit, later joining the rest of the cast
- "Mickey Mouse Alma Mater" - Everybody
- "Exit Music: Casey Jr/The Work Song/Mickey Mouse March/You Can Fly/A Spoonful of Sugar"
In a 1962 interview, Walt Disney talked about his new audio-animatronic technology in The Enchanted Tiki Room and untitled haunted house attraction. He said that he had similar plans for "all the Disney characters." Contributing Disney Imagineers were John Hench, Bill Justice, and Wathel Rogers.
On October 1, 1971, the Mickey Mouse Revue show opened as an 'E' ticket attraction in Fantasyland, in the Magic Kingdom, Florida. The show ran until it was closed on September 14, 1980. The building that housed it was renamed the Fantasyland Theater. Mickey Mouse Revue found a new home at Tokyo Disneyland park in Japan, where it was performed in Japanese. The attraction closed on May 25, 2009 to make way for Mickey's PhilharMagic, which opened in January 2011.
The original theater at Walt Disney World sat 500 park guests, but the pre-show area only had room for 300 guests, a planning mistake.
Fantasyland Theater also showed Disney cartoons and occasional employee film festival events.
- Magic Kingdom attraction and entertainment history
- Tokyo Disneyland attraction and entertainment history