Mickey Shuler, Jr.
Shuler with the Falcons in 2014
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||October 9, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Lido Beach, New York|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||247 lb (112 kg)|
|High school:||Enola (PA) East Pennsboro|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 214|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 4, 2015|
- 1 Early years
- 2 Collegiate career
- 3 Professional career
- 4 References
- 5 External links
He attended East Pennsboro High School in Enola, Pennsylvania. As a junior, he made 40 catches for 562 yards and seven touchdowns. As a senior, he caught 40 passes for 564 yards and three scores and was selected team MVP.
Shuler scored a 17-yard touchdown on his first collegiate reception, which came in Penn State's the 2007 season-opener against Florida International. He finished that game with four receptions for 54 yards. Playing in every game on offense and special teams in 2007, with three starts.
Shuler was drafted in the 7th round of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings. After scoring a TD in the first pre-season game, Shuler made the final cut and was part of the 53-man roster for the first two weeks of the season. On September 22, 2010, Shuler was cut and placed on waivers to make room for wide-receiver Hank Baskett, and was subsequently claimed by the Miami Dolphins.
On September 23, 2010, Shuler was claimed off waivers by the Miami Dolphins and made his first appearance as a pro in Week 4 versus the New England Patriots. He made his first NFL reception in Miami's Week 16 loss to the Detroit Lions, December 26, 2010. He was waived on September 3, 2011, and was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals on September 4, but failed his physical.
Return to Minnesota Vikings
Shuler was signed to the Vikings' practice squad on November 29, 2011. He was promoted to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on December 26, 2011. On August 31, 2012 as the Vikings reduced their roster down to league maximum of 53 players, he was released.
Shuler was signed to the Oakland Raiders practice squad on October 16, 2012.
Shuler was signed to the Atlanta Falcons practice squad on September 1, 2013. He was waived August 30th, 2014.
On August 31, 2014, he was claimed off waivers by the Jacksonville Jaguars. He was released on October 4 after being hospitalized for an illness and signed to the team's practice squad on October 7. He became a free agent after the 2014 season.
Second stint with the Atlanta Falcons
Shuler was signed to the Atlanta Falcons future reserve contract on January 1, 2015. He was released on August 30, 2015. Shuler was re-signed by the Falcons on September 29, 2015. On October 6, 2015, he was released by the Falcons.
- "Dolphins Awarded Mickey Shuler off waivers". KFFL. 2010-09-24. Archived from the original on December 4, 2014.
- Craig, Mark. "Chris Carr, Sage Rosenfels surprises among Vikings' final cuts". Star Tribune. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- New Bills TE hopes to be “all purpose”
- "TE Mickey Shuler released". BuffaloBills.com. July 27, 2013. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- Weinfuss, Josh (July 28, 2013). "Practice Works With Proper Pads". azcardinals.com. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- Choate, Dave (August 30, 2015). "Falcons roster cuts: Atlanta trims down to 76 players, place Lamar Holmes on PUP". The Falcoholic. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
- Ledbetter, D. Orlando (September 29, 2015). "Falcons sign Shuler, released Polumbus". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
- McClure, Vaughn (October 6, 2015). "Falcons put Devin Hester on short-term IR with turf toe". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 9, 2015.