Mickey and the Roadster Racers
|Mickey and the Roadster Racers|
|Based on||Mickey Mouse|
by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks
|Theme music composer||Beau Black|
|Opening theme||"Mickey and the Roadster Racers" Main Title Theme|
by Beau Black
|Ending theme||"Roadster Racers Go!"|
by Beau Black
by Beau Black (episodes of Super-Charged)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||40 (80 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Rob LaDuca|
|Running time||approx. 21–22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Disney Television Animation|
Technicolor Animation Productions
|Distributor||Disney–ABC Domestic Television|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||January 15, 2017– present|
|Related shows||Mickey Mouse Clubhouse|
Mickey and the Roadster Racers is an American computer-animated children's television series produced by Disney Television Animation. It is a spin-off of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The series debuted on Disney Junior and Disney Channel in the United States on January 15, 2017.
The series was renewed for a second season on March 15, 2017, which premiered on April 13, 2018. A third season was renewed one year after.
Mickey and the Roadster Racers is about the Sensational Six (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy and Pluto) as they race around their town of Hot Dog Hills and around the world. Unlike the previous series, this show contains two 11-minute stories as opposed to a full-length 22-minute story. In the first half, Billy Beagle announces Mickey and his friends' races whether the race is in Hot Dog Hills or anywhere around the world.
In the second half, Minnie and Daisy work as the Happy Helpers alongside Cuckoo-Loca (from Minnie's Bow-Toons) where they help out different residents of Hot Dog Hills. Minnie and Daisy use the Turnstyler located in the office and the Happy Helper Van to assume the clothes associated with their jobs that they are hired to help out on.
In Season 2, the Roadster Racers get their roadsters modified by Ludwig Von Drake so that they can perform Supercharged moves.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||January 15, 2017||March 23, 2018|
|2||TBA||April 13, 2018||TBA|
- Mickey Mouse (voiced by Bret Iwan) – The leader of the Roadster Racers and owner of Mickey's garage. He drives the Hot Doggin' Hot Rod, which turns into Mickey's car.
- Minnie Mouse (voiced by Russi Taylor) – One of the Happy Helpers. She drives Pink Thunder which turns into the Happy Helper Van.
- Goofy (voiced by Bill Farmer) – He drives the Turbo Tubster which turns into his car. Goofy also owns the Hot Diggity hot dog trailer that is frequented by Pete.
- Donald Duck (voiced by Daniel Ross) – He drives the Cabin Cruiser which turns into Donald's car.
- Daisy Duck (voiced by Tress MacNeille) – One of the Happy Helpers. She drives Snapdragon.
- Pluto (vocal effects provided by Bill Farmer) – Mickey's pet dog.
- Cuckoo-Loca (voiced by Nika Futterman) – A wind-up cuckoo who lives in Minnie's cuckoo clock and tags along with the Happy Helpers. A running gag is that she tends to make sarcastic remarks towards the Happy Helpers jingle.
- Chip and Dale (voiced by Tress MacNeille and Corey Burton respectively) – Two chipmunks who are mechanics for the racers.
- Pete (voiced by Jim Cummings) – Hot Dog Hills' resident tow truck driver and owner of Pete's Junkyard. He drives the Super Crusher when he gets involved in races. In addition to having some relatives that get involved, Pete appears in various alter egos throughout the series.
- Clarabelle Cow (voiced by April Winchell) – A cow who owns her own baking business in Hot Dog Hills and is often seen operating the racing flags. She has also been seen hosting several international events on the show.
- Clara Cluck (vocal effects provided by Russi Taylor) – A farmer and resident of Hot Dog Hills who mostly speaks chicken language.
- Horace Horsecollar (voiced by Bill Farmer) – In addition to being a resident of Hot Dog Hills, Horace appears in various alter egos throughout the series.
- Ludwig Von Drake (voiced by Corey Burton) – Hot Dog Hills' residential inventor who has a laboratory beneath Mickey's garage. In "Grandpa Beagle's Day Out," it is revealed that Ludwig Von Drake also operates as a bicycle mechanic under the alias of Doc Sprockets.
- Hilda (voiced by April Winchell) – A hippopotamus who engages in any sport.
- Figaro (vocal effects provided by Frank Welker) – Minnie's pet tuxedo cat.
- Butch (vocal effects provided by Frank Welker) – Pete's pet bulldog and Pluto's rival.
- Millie and Melody Mouse (voiced by Avalon Robbins and Grace Kaufman respectively) – Minnie's nieces.
- Billy Beagle (voiced by Jay Leno) – The announcer and sports commentator of the races and other events. He is also shown to have a collection of roadsters and is also the host of "Billy Beagle's Tip Top Garage."
- Commander Heist (voiced by Steve Valentine) – An infamous British international master criminal who is the main antagonist of the series.
- Lazlo (vocal effects provided by Dee Bradley Baker) – Commander Heist's pet cat.
Hot Dog Hills residents
- Mayor McBeagle (voiced by Bill Farmer) – The Mayor of Hot Dog Hills.
- Jinx (vocal effects provided by Dee Bradley Baker) - A kitten that wears a bow.
- Mr. Bigby (voiced by Bill Farmer) – A rich pig who is the owner of the Bigby Bank & Trust.
- Susie Beagleman (voiced by Natalie Coughlin) – A little beagle girl that the Happy Helpers tend to help out on occasion.
- Mrs. Beagleman (voiced by Tress MacNeille) – Susie's mother.
- Clifford and Cleo Cluck (vocal effects provided by Dee Bradley Baker) – Clara Cluck's chicks who mostly speak chicken language.
- Elray Thunderboom (voiced by Evan Kishiyama) – An elephant.
- Mrs. Thunderboom (voiced by Nika Futterman) – The mother of Elray Thunderboom.
- Bitsy Beagleberg (voiced by Mckenna Grace) - A young beagle girl.
- Maynard McSnorter (voiced by Patton Oswalt) - A pig who is the head of Hot Dog Hills' condiment factory.
- Mrs. McSnorter (voiced by Russi Taylor) - A pig who is the wife of Maynard McSnorter.
- Pearl McSnorter (voiced by Stella Edwards) –A pig who is the sister of Puck McSnorter.
- Puck McSnorter (voiced by August Maturo) – A pig who is the brother of Pearl McSnorter.
- Mr. Doozy (voiced by Fred Willard) - The manager of the Snoozy Doozy Bed and Breakfast who also works as it's bellhop, cook, and repairman.
- Grandpa Beagle (voiced by Héctor Elizondo) - The grandfather of Billy Beagle who is into extreme sports much to Billy's dismay.
Mickey and the Roadster Racers debuted on Disney Junior in the United States on January 15, 2017. The series also aired on Disney Junior in Canada on January 24, Disney Junior in Australia on March 17, Disney Junior in Asia on March 24, Disney Junior in the UK and Ireland on April 19, Disney Junior in South Africa on April 22 and Disney Channel in India on May 15.
The first few episodes of Mickey and the Roadster Racers were released on DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc on March 7, 2017. Minnie's Happy Helpers was released on July 25, 2017, with the release themed around the Minnie and Daisy subplots.
Mickey and the Roadster Racers received mixed to positive reviews. Common Sense Media rated the series a 3 out of 5 stars, stating "Mickey and the Roadster Racers is set in a bustling town filled with race cars and favorite Disney characters and special guests voiced by racing stars such as Jimmie Johnson, Danica Patrick and Jeff Gordon. The characters' experiences represent for kids how communities and their residents work and their interactions have subtle reminders about building and sustaining friendships. There's always ample opportunity for the characters to race around the town to the delight of young fans in the audience."
Awards and nominations
|Year||Award||Category||Recipients and nominees||Result||References|
|2018||Annie Award||Best Animated Television/Broadcast Production for Preschool Children||Mickey and the Roadster Racers||Nominated|||
|Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Sound Editing in an Preschool Animated Program||Brad Meyer, Kate Finan and James Singleton||Nominated|||
- Lincoln, Ross A. (December 1, 2016). "Disney Junior Sets January Launch For 'Mickey and the Roadster Racers'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
- Disney Junior Canada (January 4, 2017). "Mickey and the Roadster Racers Happy Helpers Song". Retrieved January 20, 2017 – via YouTube.
- DisneyJuniorUK (December 9, 2016). "Mickey and the Roadster Racers Teaser Trailer! Disney Junior UK". Retrieved December 29, 2016 – via YouTube.
- Disney Channel Africa (March 11, 2017). "Mickey and the Roadster Racers – Theme Song | Official Disney Junior Africa". Retrieved March 21, 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Mickey and the Roadster Racers | New Show on Disney Channel". Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Bring Home this Fast Paced Fun of Mickey and the Roadster Racers on Disney DVD". Chip and Co. December 17, 2016. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "Mickey and the Roadster Racers: Minnie's Happy Helpers". Amazon.com. May 18, 2017. Retrieved 18 May 2017.