Micky & the Motorcars
|Origin||Challis, Idaho, United States|
|Genres||Alternative country, Americana, Texas country, roots rock, country rock|
|Labels||Smith Music Group, Thirty Tigers|
The two founding members, Micky and Gary Braun, are the sons of outlaw country and western swing musician Muzzie Braun of Stanley, Idaho, and the brothers of Cody Braun and Willy Braun of the Texas based roots rock band Reckless Kelly. Both were part of Muzzie Braun & the Little Braun Brothers band, but formed their own band after Cody and Willy left to form Reckless Kelly.
The band has its origin in Idaho, other founding members were their childhood friends Travis Hardy on drum and Mark McCoy on bass. They moved to Austin, Texas, where Joseph Deeb on lead guitar joined the band. The band had undergone a number of personnel changes since its founding. Mark McCoy left the band in 2011 and died in 2012 in a rafting accident. The band currently consists of Micky Braun (acoustic guitar, lead vocals), Gary Braun (lead & harmony vocals, guitars, mandolin, harmonica), Pablo Trujillo (lead guitar, pedal steel), Andrew Carrell (bass), and Bobby Paugh (drums & percussion).
The band is also tied to the Texas Music movement and to a lesser extent the Oklahoma based Red Dirt Music Scene. Every year the band, in conjunction with their brothers and fellow musicians in Reckless Kelly, host the Braun Brothers Reunion in Idaho to celebrate the music and different artists from the genre.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Which Way from Here||
|Ain't in It for the Money||
|Live at Billy Bob's Texas||
|Raise My Glass||
|Hearts from Above||
|Across the Pond (Live from Germany)||
|Long Time Comin'||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|2015||"Long Road to Nowhere"||Tony Gates|
- Leggett, Steve. "Micky & the Motorcars". AllMusic.
- Stefano, Angela (October 7, 2019). "Micky and the Motorcars, 'Hold This Town Together'". The Boot.
- "Top Country Albums". Billboard. Archived from the original on November 17, 2019.
- "Billboard 200". Billboard. Archived from the original on November 17, 2019.
- "Heatseekers Albums". Billboard. Archived from the original on November 17, 2019.
- "Independent Albums". Billboard. Archived from the original on November 17, 2019.
- Leggett, Steve. "Micky & the Motorcars: Ain't in It for the Money". AllMusic.
- Mason, Stewart. "Micky & the Motorcars: Careless". AllMusic.
- Skanse, Richard (September 1, 2011). "Micky and the Motorcars: "Raise My Glass"". LoneStar Music Magazine.
- Leggett, Steve. "Micky & the Motorcars: Hearts from Above". AllMusic.
- "CMT : Videos : Micky & The Motorcars : Long Road to Nowhere". Country Music Television. Retrieved February 21, 2015.