Micro-arrays for mass spectrometry
Micro-arrays for mass spectrometry (MAMS); introduced by the group of Renato Zenobi in 2010, is an analytical platform for high-throughput analysis of single cells and other low-volume samples by mass spectrometry.
The mechanism of operation involves unsupervised separating or aliquoting of cell suspensions, or other liquid samples, into discrete recipient sites. The aliquoting effect is achieved due to the differences in wettability of the recipient sites and the surrounding area.
MAMS are used in single-cell analysis; in particular, single-cell metabolomics. Other applications include: interfacing microfluidics, chromatography, and quantitative mass spectrometry.
- "Urban P.L., Jefimovs K., Amantonico A., Fagerer S.R., Schmid T., Mädler S., Puigmarti-Luis J., Goedecke N., Zenobi R. 2010, High-density micro-arrays for mass spectrometry. Lab on a Chip 10:3206-3209". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Patent publication No. WO2011144743 (A1) ― 2011-11-24 - Espacenet". Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Urban P.L., Schmidt A.M., Fagerer S.R., Amantonico A., Ibañez A., Jefimovs K., Heinemann M., Zenobi R. 2011, Carbon-13 labelling strategy for studying the ATP metabolism in individual yeast cells by micro-arrays for mass spectrometry. Molecular BioSystems 7:2837-2840". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Ibañez A.J., Fagerer S.R., Schmidt A.M., Urban P.L., Jefimovs K., Geiger P., Dechant R.C., Heinemann M., Zenobi R. 2013, Mass spectrometry-based metabolomics of single yeast cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (USA) 110:8790-8794". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Analysis of single algal cells by combining mass spectrometry with Raman and fluorescence mapping". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Single-Cell Metabolomics: Analytical and Biological Perspectives". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Interfacing Droplet Microfluidics with Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometry: Label-Free Content Analysis of Single Droplets". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "High-Resolution Droplet-Based Fractionation of Nano-LC Separations onto Microarrays for MALDI-MS Analysis". Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Self-Aliquoting Microarray Plates for Accurate Quantitative Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometry". Retrieved 11 January 2014.