|Public (NASDAQ: MVIS)|
|Perry Mulligan, CEO|
|Products||Laser Beam Scanning, Projectors, 3D Sensing|
Number of employees
MicroVision, Inc. is a US company that develops laser scanning technology for projection, 3D sensing, and image capture. MicroVision's display technology uses a micro-electrical mechanical systems (MEMS) scanning mirror with lasers, optics and electronics to project and/or capture images. The company licenses its products primarily to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) such as Sony Corporation  and STMicroelectronics
The MEMS scanning micro-mirror is the basis of MicroVision’s technology platform. The MEMS design consists of a silicon device with a millimeter-scale mirror at the center. The mirror is connected to flexures that allow it to swing vertically and horizontally to display (or capture) an image. In projection-mode the MEMS laser beam scanning display method can be compared to raster scanning in a cathode ray tube (CRT) display. Product applications include mobile projection, virtual retinal display, head-mounted display, automotive head-up display, and 3D depth sensing (LiDAR). Head-mounted displays are an emerging area of development.
- "Double Vision: Retinal Displays Add Data Layer". The New York Times. 26 April 2001.
- Freeman, Champion, Madhaven--Scanned Laser Pico-Projectors: Seeing the Big Picture (with a Small Device) http://www.microvision.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/OPN_Article.pdf
- "Sony's updated laser pico projector, the MP-CL1A is now shipping".
- Ltd, SPIE Europe. "MicroVision jumps on auto lidar bandwagon with STMicroelectronics".
- "Frequency tunable resonant scanner".
- Thill, Scott. "Pico Projector Film Fest Turns Ice Sculpture Into Screen".
- Horwitz, Jeremy (15 October 2015). "Review: Sony's MP-CL1 updates a proven HD pico projector with a thin, Apple-friendly shell".
- Internet Archive / Panagiotis Fiambolis. "Virtual Retinal Display (VRD) Technology" https://web.archive.org/web/20080413063727/http://www.cs.nps.navy.mil/people/faculty/capps/4473/projects/fiambolis/vrd/vrd_full.html
- Editorial, Reuters. "BRIEF-Microvision - Entered Into License Agreement To Allow..." U.S. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "-> MicroVision, Inc. Announces New License Agreement with a Leading Technology Company". www.us-tech.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.