Coughlan and O'Hagan in the late 1980s
|Associated acts||The Fatima Mansions, The High Llamas, Stump|
Microdisney was an Irish rock band formed in Cork in 1980. It was founded and led by the songwriting team of Cathal Coughlan (keyboards, vocals) and Sean O'Hagan (guitar). They reached the Irish top 40 with the 1987 single "Town to Town", and were one of the few Irish bands of the 1980s to achieve international success.
After their 1988 breakup, O'Hagan and Coughlan formed separate bands, the High Llamas and the Fatima Mansions, respectively. In 2018, Microdisney reunited for the first time in thirty years, playing one-off live performances in Dublin and London. Both members remain musically active.
- Everybody Is Fantastic (1984)
- The Clock Comes Down The Stairs (1985)
- Crooked Mile (1987)
- 39 Minutes (1988)
- Kaught at Kampus (1980)
- We Hate You South African Bastards! (1984)
- The Peel Sessions Album (1989)
- Big Sleeping House (1995)
- Daunt Square to Elsewhere: 1982-1988 (2007)
- "Hello Rascals" (1982)
- "Pink Skinned Man" (1983)
- "Dolly" (1984)
- In the World EP (1985)
- "Birthday Girl" (1985)
- "Town to Town" (1987)
- "Singer's Hampstead Home" (1987)
- "Gale Force Wind" (1988)
- Clayton-Lea, Tony (3 June 2018). "Microdisney come full circle. Welcome back, you little rascals". The Irish Times.
- Ankeny, Jason (n.d.). "Microdisney". AllMusic.
- "Singles Charts - Placement - Search - Microdisney". irishcharts.ie. Irish Recorded Music Association. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- Power, Ed (28 June 2017). "Sean O'Hagan returns to 'cosmopolitan' Cork". The Irish Examiner.
- Mark. J. Prendergast "Irish Rock: Roots, Personalities, Directions" [Paperback]
- Cork Rock: From Rory Gallagher To The Sultans Of Ping by Mark McAvoy. Published by Mercier Press (2009) ISBN 9781856356558