|Founded||Richardson, Texas (1982)|
|Defunct||July 16, 2001|
Micrografx (Micrografx Inc., Richardson, Texas) was a United States-based software-house most notable for its graphics products. It was founded in 1982 by Paul and George Grayson and was a pioneer for graphics products for Windows.
Corel and Micrografx were competitors in 1996 for Windows 95 users seeking graphics software. CorelDraw 6 attracted graphics professionals, while Micrografx ABC Graphics Suite attracted general users in the business community. The company was acquired by Corel in late 2001. With this acquisition, the Micrografx graphics line (e.g. Micrografx Picture Publisher, Micrografx Designer) was integrated into the Corel portfolio. Since 2003, the former Micrografx software section for business process analysis is represented by the separate business unit iGrafx.
Despite not being actively maintained or officially distributed, a scattered community still enjoys Micrografx products as legacy software.
- ABC FlowCharter
- Diagramming software
- ABC Graphics Suite
- A business-oriented graphics software bundle, released in 1995, featuring ABC Flowcharter, Designer and Picture Publisher and ABC Media Manager.
- ABC SnapGraphix
- Crayola Art
- Micrografx Charisma
- A charting application with the ability to combine several charts on one printed page and limited vector graphics capabilities to enrich the results.
- Micrografx Simply 3D
- Micrografx Designer
- Released as In*A*Vision graphic software for Windows 1.0 in 1986, this Vector graphics editor was renamed to Micrografx Designer when version 2 was released in 1990. In 1995, Micrografx bundled its graphic software with the Micrografx ABC-Suite. After the acquisition by Corel in 2001, the product was continued as Corel Designer.
- Micrografx Photo Magic
- Micrografx Webtricity
- Picture Publisher
- Windows Draw
- Weiss, Todd R. "Corel expanding graphics offerings by buying Micrografx". computerworld.
- Deihl, Stanford; G. Armour Van Horn (January 1996). "Sumo Graphics Giants Weigh In". BYTE. Archived from the original (– Scholar search) on 1999-04-20.
- "Press Release: Corel Welcomes New Members to its Board of Directors, Company Announces Official Close of Micrografx Acquisition. - Free Online Library". Retrieved 17 May 2015.
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|