Micronations: The Lonely Planet Guide to Home-Made Nations
|Author||J. Ryan, G. Dunford, and S. Sellars|
Micronations: The Lonely Planet Guide to Home-Made Nations is a gazetteer published by Lonely Planet. It has also been published under the name Micronations: The Lonely Planet Guide to Self-Proclaimed Nations. It was written by John Ryan, George Dunford and Simon Sellars.
The book's profile of micronations offers information on their flags, leaders, currencies, date of foundation, maps and other facts. Sidebars throughout the book provide overviews of such topics as coins and stamps and a profile of Emperor Norton.
Micronations featured in the book include:
- Principality of Sealand
- Freetown Christiania
- Principality of Hutt River
- Kingdom of Lovely
- Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands
- Sovereign Military Order of Malta
- Northern Forest Archipelago
- Great Republic of Rough and Ready
- Republic of Molossia
- Empire of the United States
- Copeman Empire
- North Dumpling Island
- Republic of Kugelmugel
- Lagoan Isles
- Great United Kiseean Kingdom
- Kingdom of Redonda
- Maritime Republic of Eastport
- Barony of Caux
- Conch Republic
- Le Royaume de L'Anse-Saint-Jean
- Dominion of British West Florida
- Principality of Snake Hill
- SoS (State of Sabotage)
- List of micronations
- Flags of micronations
- List of micronation currencies
- How to Start Your Own Country
- Micronations - John Ryan. Lonely Planet Publications Party Ltd. September 2006. ISBN 978-1741047301. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Ryan, John; Dunford, George; Sellars, Simon (September 2006). Micronations: The Lonely Planet Guide to Home-Made Nations. Lonely Planet Publications Party Ltd. ISBN 978-1741047301.
- Needham, Peter (16 September 2006). "Born to rule". The Australian. Archived from the original on 1 December 2008. Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- Chadwick, Alex (1 November 2007). "'Lonely Planet' Explores Micronations". NPR. Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- Manaugh, Geoff (23 November 2006). "The Lonely Planet Guide to Micronations: An Interview with Simon Sellars". BLDGBLOG. Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- Ryan, John; Dunford, George; Sellars, Simon (September 2006). Micronations: Lonely Planet Guide to Home-Made Nations. Lonely Planet. ISBN 978-1741047301.