The front cover of a Micronesian passport.
|Issued by||Federated States of Micronesia|
|Type of document||Passport|
|Eligibility requirements||Micronesian citizens|
Micronesian passports are the regular travel document issued by the Federated States of Micronesia to its citizens in order to enable them to travel outside the country. They are the international proof of identity of any Micronesian citizen.
Micronesian passports are blue with the word "PASSPORT" written in English above the Seal of the Federated States of Micronesia emblazoned in the center, with the inscription "Federated States of Micronesia" in small gold letters beneath.
The information given below is printed on the identification page.
- Photo of Passport Holder
- Passport Number
- Given name(s)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Place of Issue
- Date of expiry
- Date of issue
As of 1 January 2017, Micronesian citizens had visa-free or visa on arrival access to 106 countries and territories, ranking the Micronesian passport 51st in terms of travel freedom (tied with Russian passport) according to the Henley visa restrictions index.
United States visa
Micronesian passport holders with Form I-94 or Form I-94A, showing non-immigrant admission, can travel or enter the United States of America without any visa requirements in accordance with the Compact of Free Association between the United States and the Federated States of Micronesia.
Prior to the independence of the Federated States of Micronesia, Micronesians traveled internationally on documents issued by the US authorities to the citizens of the Trust Territory of the Pacific. Since October 1959, these documents were called Trust Territory Passports, and had maroon covers. They replaced earlier "Travel Documents", which were simply folded sheets of paper.
- Visa requirements for Micronesian citizens
- Foreign relations of Federated States of Micronesia
- List of passports
- "Micronesia Passport Cover". U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Archived from the original on 14 December 2012. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Global Ranking - Visa Restriction Index 2017" (PDF). Henley & Partners. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "List A Documents". U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Federated States Micronesia: visa and passport requirements". worldtravelguide.net. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Federated States of Micronesia Frequently Asked Questions". Embassy of the Federated States of Micronesia. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- First Trust Territory Passport Is Issued, Micronesian Reporter, NUMBER 6, NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 1959, pp. ii, 16-17