From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Micronesians)
|Look up micronesian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Micronesian describes something of, from, or related to Micronesia, a subregion of Oceania composed of hundreds of small islands in the Pacific Ocean.
Micronesian may refer to:
People and society
- Micronesian people, people from the general region of Micronesia
- Micronesian citizen, a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia, an independent sovereign island nation
- Micronesian passport, issued by the Federated States of Micronesia
- Micronesian Americans, Americans descended from people of the Federated States of Micronesia
- Micronesian Japanese, people from Japan who settled in Micronesia in the first half of the 20th century
- Micronesian mythology, the traditional belief systems of the people of Micronesia
- Micronesian languages, twenty languages forming a family of Oceanic languages
- Micronesian Pidgin English, an English-based pidgin language spoken in nineteenth-century Micronesia
- Micronesian imperial pigeon, a species of bird in the family Columbidae
- Micronesian kingfisher, a group of kingfishers from the Pacific Islands of Guam, Pohnpei and Palau
- Micronesian megapode, an endangered megapode which inhabits islands of the Western Pacific Ocean
- Micronesian myzomela, a species of bird in the honeyeater family, Meliphagidae
- Micronesian starling, a species of starling in the family Sturnidae
- Micronesian swiftlet, a species of swift in the family Apodidae
- Micronesian Games, a quadrennial international multi-sport event within the Micronesian region
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Micronesian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.