Microsoft Campus Agreement
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Microsoft Campus Agreement or MSCA is a program intended to offer significant discounts on Microsoft products to students, faculty, and staff of select universities which enter into a yearly contract with Microsoft. (Windows XP Professional sells, at some University stores, for as low as $10.00 .) Each software package available under the MSCA can be purchased only once. Upon graduation, students can typically receive perpetual licenses for the purchased software.
Additionally, MSCA licensing required those who purchased Windows XP Professional have an existing Windows license and allowed for Office products to be installed on, at most, two computers.
Prior to 2003, MSCA licensed software was distinguishable from non-MSCA licensed software in that the CDs were not holographic, did not require activation (for those products which would have otherwise required activation), and, in some cases, did not require a valid license key.
Examples of participating universities
- Ball State University
- California State University
- Community Colleges of Spokane
- DeVry University
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Iowa State University
- Lancaster University
- Life Pacific College
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Morrisville State College
- Oklahoma State University
- Purdue University
- Texas A&M University
- Texas Tech University
- University of Calgary
- University of Chicago
- University of Florida
- University of Houston
- University of Iowa
- University of Leeds
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Twente
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- University of Westminster
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas (ICUT), representing approximately forty Texas institutions of higher learning, entered an annual Consortium Campus agreement beginning in 2000 to provide all member institutions with MSCA access. ICUT members represent over 85,000 full-time students and nearly 30,000 part-time students. Some members are listed below:
- Ball State University MSCA
- California State University MSCA Archived 2012-06-04 at Archive.is
- Community Colleges of Spokane MSCA Archived 2006-09-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- DeVry University MSCA
- Iowa State University MSCA
- Lancaster University MSCA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology MSCA
- Oklahoma State University MSCA Archived 2006-09-01 at the Wayback Machine.
- Purdue University MSCA Archived 2006-11-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- Texas A&M University MSCA Archived 2006-09-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Texas Tech University MSCA
- University of Calgary MSCA
- University of Chicago MSCA
- University of Florida MSCA Archived 2006-12-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- University of Houston Archived 2007-06-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- University of Leeds MSCA Archived 2007-01-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- University of Texas MSCA
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute MSCA Archived 2006-09-16 at the Wayback Machine.
- University of Westminster MSCA
- "Member Services". Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas. 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- "ICUT Annual Statistical Report 2007" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-09-02.