Microsoft Device Emulator
Microsoft Device Emulator is an emulator for Windows Mobile-based devices. Microsoft Officially launched an emulator for Windows Mobile 6.5 in November 2008 (although an emulator was included in the SDK for Windows Mobile 2003), The Windows Mobile 6.5 Developer Tool Kit adds various features for developing such as documentation, obtaining a sample code, header and library files, emulator images and tools to Visual Studio. The Microsoft Device Emulator is available in Simplified Chinese, English, German, French, Italian language, Castilian, and Japanese. Independent from the Windows Mobile emulator Microsoft has also released an emulator for Internet Explorer Mobile for developers.
MS DeviecEmulator v1.0 emulates SMDK2410 board using JIT technology (see MS DeviceEmulator v1.0 Shared Source). There is sample BSP for it available for download.
Among the features of the Windows Mobile 6.5 device emulator are testing out browsing, application deployment, emulator images, new touch and gesture APIs, and code samples for developing software, and the features of the operating system and the SDK contains a step-by-step guide on how to create widgets for Windows Mobile 6.5. The default search engine of the emulator is Bing Mobile and there is a desktop application that lead to the Windows Marketplace for Mobile.
- Sayer, Peter (19 August 2003). "Microsoft launches Smartphone 2003 SDK. SDK supports Visual Studio .Net 2003 IDE and the .Net Compact Framework.". InfoWorld.
- Suril, Surur (12 November 2008). "Windows Mobile 6.5 emulator images now available.". Windows Mobile PowerUser.
- Saabedra, Humberto (13 November 2008). "Internet Explorer Mobile 6 Emulator Available Now (Updated).". Phone-News.
- Conneally, Tim (4 June 2009). "Windows Mobile 6.5 developer toolkit available now.". Beta News.
- Taft, Darryl K. (25 January 2010). "Microsoft Releases Windows Mobile 6.5 SDK, Then Pulls It.". eWeek.
- Microsoft Device Emulator 3.0 download
- Windows Virtual PC and the Microsoft Device Emulator: running the MDE under Windows 7 Windows XP Mode
- Microsoft Device Emulator 1.0 Release Shared Source Download
- Microsoft Device Emulator BSP
|This article about software created or produced by Microsoft is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This emulation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|