This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management|
Microsoft Dynamics is a line of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software applications. Microsoft Dynamics applications are delivered through a network of reselling partners who provide specialized services. Very few installations are made without the aid of 3rd party resellers. In its 2013 update, the first since 2009, Microsoft removed many capabilities of users to access features such as report-writing without the assistance of members of their approved reseller network. Microsoft Dynamics is part of Microsoft Business Solutions. Dynamics can be used with other Microsoft programs and services, such as SharePoint, Yammer, Office 365, Azure and Outlook. The Microsoft Dynamics focus industries are retail, service, manufacturing, financial services, and the public sector. Microsoft Dynamics offers services for small, medium, and large businesses.
Microsoft Dynamics ERP comprises a group of enterprise-resource-planning products primarily geared toward midsize organizations with simple corporate structures and low-to-moderately complex production models. Microsoft Dynamics ERP includes five primary products:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX (formerly Axapta) - multi-language, multi-currency enterprise resource planning (ERP) business software with global business management features for financial, human resources, and operations management as well as additional industry capabilities for retailers, professional service industries, financial service businesses, manufacturers, and public-sector organizations
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains Software) - ERP software for small and midsize businesses: helps manage financials, supply chain, and employees
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision) - business management solution that helps small and mid-sized businesses manage their financials, supply chain, and people. It features multiple languages and multiple currencies.
- Microsoft Dynamics SL (formerly Solomon IV) - designed for project-driven organizations in North America. Business management software that supports future business growth.
- Microsoft Dynamics C5 (formerly Concorde C5) can assist with finance, manufacturing, supply chains, analytics and electronic commerce for small and medium-sized enterprises. The latest version is Microsoft Dynamics C5 2010.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a customer relationship management application from Microsoft, that provides sales, service, and marketing capabilities. Microsoft sells Microsoft Dynamics CRM separately from the ERP products. CRM is available either as on-premises software or as a software-as-a-service offering called "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online".
Microsoft Dynamics includes a set of related products:
- Microsoft Dynamics Management Reporter. Management Reporter is a financial reporting and analysis application. Its main feature is to create income statements, balance sheet statements, cash flow statements and other financial reports. Reports can be stored in a centralised Report Library along with external supporting files. Security on reports and files may be controlled using Windows Authentication and SQL Server.
- Microsoft Dynamics for Retail (formerly Microsoft Dynamics RMS and QuickSell 2000)
- Microsoft Dynamics POS (now rolled into Dynamics for Retail)
- Microsoft Dynamics Marketing (formerly MarketingPilot 2012)
- Microsoft Dynamics Social Listening (formerly Netbreeze 2013)
- Parature customer engagement software in the customer support and service channels (acquired in January 2014)
Microsoft also sells, for additional cost, its Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step, as an implementation methodology for Microsoft Dynamics for its re-sellers to utilize.
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP
- "What's New: Developer and IT Pro Changes for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2". Microsoft. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Small Business ERP: Microsoft Dynamics GP, NAV, SL". http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/erp-small-midsize-business.aspx. Microsoft Dynamics. Retrieved 8 September 2014. External link in
- "Microsoft Business Solutions: CRM & ERP Enterprise Solutions". Microsoft Dynamics. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- TechNet Wiki: Importance of Microsoft Dynamics ERP for SMBs