|Initial release||OS - 1.133.107283511 / 2 Jul 2019; Android - 1.1.0718.3411 / 29 June 2019|
|Operating system||Android, iOS|
|Size||231.1 MB IOS, 34.32 MB Android|
|Available in||35 languages|
Microsoft Kaizala is a mobile messaging (chat) app for communication among large groups and workflow management that enables organizations to communicate within specific and diverse groups. According to the description provided by Microsoft, “Kaizala is a phone-number based, simple, and secure mobile chat app that enables you to connect and coordinate work across your network – your organization, vendors, partners, suppliers, and customers.”
Microsoft Kaizala is a mobile application from Microsoft that helps companies to communicate with a large group of people, and coordinate workflows. It is founded by Rajiv Kumar, Corporate Vice President, Office Product Group. Kaizala is a Marathi word means “What’s Up? / How Are You?” It is available with Office 365, Android and iOS. Microsoft Kaizala has been optimised to work on 2G networks to enable connectivity in remote locations and offers features with offline support. Kaizala users can assign jobs to their field employees, conduct surveys, share attachments and more, all within an easy-to-use application.
Microsoft Kaizala has seen significant adoption among Indian organizations such as YES Bank, Apollo Telemedicine, Republic TV, United Phosphorus Limited and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan who are currently piloting the solution for their internal teams. In addition, the Government of Andhra Pradesh is one of the first government organizations to use Microsoft Kaizala for real time governance.  More than 30 government departments and over 70,000 users in the State Government use Microsoft Kaizala for day-to-day work. 
Microsoft Kaizala was started off as a product under Microsoft Garage and was later fully integrated as a standalone product/Office 365. Corporate Vice President Rajiv Kumar, conceived the idea of the product for mobile phone users who are on the go, and rely on their phones to do much of their work. For over a year, he engaged himself with customers across the world to elicit their views on its functionality and obtained feedback. As chat applications and plugging-in of consumer technologies in organisations work-flows began taking primacy over other modes of communication, the infusion of points obtained from the feedback became central to the making of Kaizala. The Microsoft Office team in India learned through multiple interactions with focus groups and personal interviews that most businesses and individuals were not just mobile-first, but even mobile-only. They indeed wanted better mobile apps for their phones to perform three key functions – create content on the fly, manage contacts in a phone-based customer relationship management system, and have a shared, secure mobile environment for teams to collaborate.
Celebrating the first anniversary release of Kaizala through Microsoft Garage, CEO Satya Nadella announced the product in preview in the “Future Decoded”, an event focussed on India.In fact, Kaizala was launched as a Garage project on 22 Feb 2016. Andhra Pradesh government has begun using it by April 2016 for group communication among its officials during large-scale events. Kaizala was first used to effectively manage and coordinate a festival attended by 20 million people. This became an inspiration for many. The use of Kaizala and the seamless flow of information has inspired many government departments in India to take notice and use Kaizala. This led to many other organisations in the country too began using it. 
With the growing digital payment culture in India, Microsoft introduced digital payments services in its social network app Kaizala. Payment integration would enable users to quickly send or receive money without leaving the app. Kaizala has seen a strong uptake across banking and financial services to help customers connect and collaborate. By integrating the payment of both organisations’ mobile payment infrastructure services of Yes Bank and MobiKwik users may swiftly send or receive money. Microsoft Kaizala users will have the option to make P2P payments in one to one and group chat conversations via the MobiKwik wallet and via Yes Bank’s Unified Payment Interface (UPI) integration.  
Kaizala's ease of set up and actionable features has helped GrabOn better communicate with the users and maintain pleasant customer relations.Kaizala expanded its operations in South Africa as part of enabling businesses to embrace the fourth industrial revolution and digitally transform their operations.
Benefits and features
‘’’Microsoft Kaizala’’’ connects users with their employees, irrespective of their physical locations, helps collect data even from large groups, assimilate insights and generate automated reports. For ease in workplace coordination, task monitoring, assigning of jobs, performance tracking and scheduling of meetings could be handled through the App. Custom ‘actions” could be built based on business needs through open API systems.
- Workflow management
- Message broadcasts
- Surveys and polls
- Integration with third-party applications
- Extensibility through REST APIs
- Job and task assignments
- Reports for visualising productivity trends and performance
- Power BI-based dashboard
- Controlled access and security features
- Quick on-boarding and group management
WhatsApp vs Kaizala
WhatsApp Business offers the following unique capabilities: Business-centric address, description, email id and website link would form part of profile of every account. An interesting feature called "Quick replies" enables a user to respond to common questions with frequently-used messages. Businesses can organise their customers by tagging through a feature called "Labels". Since Kaizala is designed to address business communication it lays more emphasis on team collaborations. Apart from basic chat, Kaizala offers the following functions: "Job" is used for assigning task to colleagues and track the status through chatting "Location" lets a user to share his own or request a colleagues physical location through GPS. "Poll/survey" enables seek feedback on any chosen topic from colleagues/customers. "Submit bill" shares the picture of invoice. "Checklist" distributes the tasks to members in a group.
Kaizala app is available with Office 365 in countries including:
- The Philippines
- Middle East
- Saudi Arabia
- Lebanon (former French mandate)
- Former French colonies:
- Other countries:
- South Africa
- Former French colonies:
- Latin America
Microsoft Kaizala, which is now available to all Office 365 users across the globe, will be integrated with its Teams collaboration platform in the next 12 to 18 months, according to Microsoft’s blog post. This integration is part of a larger plan to appeal to the “first-line workers” like retail, healthcare and service employees. Having a Microsoft account is not mandatory for users to access Kaizala. They can directly sign up with their phone number. Experts feel that the “open directory” approach has made it easy even for temporary employees and contractors to access the service. Kaizala’s future roadmap features are likely to be launched in a few months. They include support for languages like Arabic and Hebrew which have right-to-left scripts, Azure Active Directory sync within Kaizala, email invites for new users, and the ability to assign dedicated admins to manage Kaizala policies. Microsoft in its blog post on April 4, 2019 said that the capabilities of Kaizala would complement the robust communication and collaboration features of Microsoft Teams, the hub for teamwork in Microsoft 365.
@mentions enables a user to tag individual members in a group chat to draw the attention of specific persons.
Delete messages: A user can delete a message in a one-on-one chat or a group chat. But this can be done within an hour of sending the message. Group admins have access to delete any message at any point in time.
Chat search: Admins and managers can search chat conversations, send documents, action cards and more from a desktop(PC/laptop). Microsoft has said that these features are made available currently in public preview and will be activated for Kaizala users soon.
Image annotation: This feature enables inking images before sharing in a chat. 
Video calling: Users can talk to each other through video calling one on one
Kaizala me: A user can send meeting notes, reminders and try new action cards to self in a private space for future use
- "What Is Microsoft Kaizala?". cmswire. Jan 29, 2019.
- "Microsoft Kaizala launches in India". July 26, 2017.
- "Rajiv Kumar".
- "Microsoft's made-for-India networking app Kaizala ready for the world". Jan 19, 2018.
- "Kaizala has seen strong uptake in BFSI". Apr 22, 2018.
- "Microsoft Kaizala Celebrates Replacing Office Cubicles With Its Virtual Communication Platform". Feb 11, 2019.
- "Use of Kaizala app for better communication: KVS". 30 Dec 2018.
- "Microsoft launches Kaizala, a made in India communication & workforce productivity app". July 26, 2017.
- "Microsoft launches Made for India Kaizala app". 26 Jul 2017.
- "A mobile app for large group communications and work management".
- "Microsoft's Future Decoded: Top quotes from CEO Satya Nadella's speech".
- "Microsoft's Satya Nadella, Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu Share a Vision for Digital India". 22 February 2017.
- "Andhra Pradesh Government to use Microsoft's Kaizala App for it's cititzen connect program". 18 Apr 2017.
- "Microsoft enables digital payment services on its Kaizala app". Apr 4, 2018.
- "Microsoft to bring digital payment facility in its Kaizala application". March 22, 2018.
- "Kaizala has seen strong uptake in BFSI, public cos: Microsoft". Apr 22, 2018.
- "MobiKwik & Yes Bank Tapped for Microsoft Kaizala Digital Payments; MobiKwik's Vineet Singh Resigns". April 3, 2018.
- "Microsoft enables digital payments services on Microsoft Kaizala".
- "GrabOn sees a spurt in customer engagement through Kaizala". July 3, 2019.
- "Microsoft debuts 'Kaizala Pro' in SA". 27 Aug 2018.
- "Microsoft launches 'Kaizala Pro' in South Africa".
- "Microsoft is ramping out its rollout of its Kaizala group-communications app".
- "Microsoft is rolling out its WhatsApp clone, Kaizala, worldwide".
- "New WhatsApp coming! Massive changes expected from this company, but are they good for you?".
- "Microsoft Kaizala gets global launch,will integrate with Teams".
- "Update on Microsoft Kaizal becoming part of Microsoft Teams".
- "Microsoft Kaizala globally available".
- "Ready to try message translation in Microsoft Teams".
- "Microsoft Kaizala App set to be integrated within Teams, goes global through Office365".
- "The latest updates to Microsoft Teams:What's new?".
- "Microsoft Kaizala powers over 1,000 organizations in India in just over a year".
- "Microsoft Kaizala rolls out to Office 365 customers globally and will become part of Microsoft Teams".