Microtel Inn and Suites
A prototype Microtel Inn and Suites located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Number of locations
|343 (December 31, 2018)|
|Parent||Wyndham Hotels and Resorts|
The Microtel Inn & Suites brand is a chain of franchise hotels with 343 locations with 24,947 rooms as of December 31, 2018. The company has locations in Argentina, Canada, Mexico, the Philippines, and the United States.
The first location opened in 1989 in suburban Rochester, NY. There are now over three hundred franchises around the world.
On July 21, 2008, Wyndham Hotel Group purchased US Franchise Systems, Inc., owner of the Microtel Inn & Suites and Hawthorn Suites brands, from Global Hyatt. US Franchise Systems had previously sold the America's Best Inn (formerly Best Inns) chain to the Country Hearth Inns chain in 2005. That holding company is now known as America's Best Franchising Inc.
As of 2012, Microtel's logo has changed to match the logo style of Wingate and Hawthorn Suites, both owned by Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
- "Microtel Canada". www.masterbuilthotels.com.
- Franchise Times. Restaurant Finance Corporation. 2006. p. 61. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Stellin, Susan (July 24, 2012). "Consumer Reports Finds Sleep Still No. 1 for Hotel Guests". The New York Times. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Latchford, Teresa (October 24, 2017). "Breaking ground: Aurora Microtel Inn and Suites to open doors in 2018". YorkRegion.com. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Microtel Inn Lawsuit (website at microtelinnlawsuit.com, now cybersquatted), accessed 2012-01-03
|This article about a hotel or resort is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|