Mid-State 6 Conference
The Mid-State 6 Conference was a high school athletics conference in central Illinois, made up of the high schools in Peoria, Illinois plus various other schools over the course of its existence. It existed for several decades: previous names included MidState 8, MidState 9 in the 1960s, Mid-State 10 in the 1980s and 1990s.
As of December 2013[update], the only schools remaining were in the city of Peoria: Peoria Notre Dame and the three general public high schools Manual, Peoria (Central), and Richwoods. Those schools were set to join the Big 12 Conference by 2015.[needs update]
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2013)|
After IVC High School and Quincy Notre Dame left the Mid-State 6, a merger with the Western Big 6 Conference was set to begin in 2013 with football. However, when Manual's prior obligation to play Eureka made it unable to schedule a game with Moline High School, the merger failed, with the Mid-State 6 schools instead playing officially as independents against Western Big 6 Conference schools in football during the 2013–2014 school year.
|This section does not cite any sources. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Academy of Our Lady/Spalding Institute — name defunct in 1988 upon creation of Peoria Notre Dame High School
- Bergan High School — name defunct in 1988 when succeeded by Peoria Notre Dame High School
- Illinois Valley Central High School (football only) until 2013
- E. N. Woodruff High School — closed as a traditional high school in 2010; had always been in the same conference as other Peoria public schools
- Quincy Notre Dame High School until 2013
- Mid-Illini Conference — the conference of schools surrounding, but not in, Peoria
- "Peoria Bergan High School "Trojans"". Illinois High School Glory Days. Chicago. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- "2012 PHSAA Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees List". Peoria, Illinois: Peoria High School. 23 Jan 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- Duvall, Adam (December 16, 2013). "Mid-State 6 merging with the Big 12". PJStar.com. Peoria, Illinois: GateHouse Media. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- "Conferences & Affiliated Schools". Bloomington, Illinois: Illinois High School Association. December 12, 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- Kindred, Randy (2013-12-16). "Peoria schools joining Big 12 Conference". Pantagraph.com High School Sports. Bloomington, Illinois: Lee Enterprises Inc. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|