MidFlorida Credit Union
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Lakeland, Florida, United States|
Number of locations
|47 (June, 2018)|
|Kevin Jones (President & CEO)|
|AUM||$3.25 billion (June, 2018)|
MIDFLORIDA Credit Union, founded in 1954, is a credit union based in Lakeland, Florida. As of 2018[update], MIDFLORIDA has 47 locations throughout the state of Florida. MIDFLORIDA has 300,074 members and $3.25 billion in assets as of June 31st, 2018, making MIDFLORIDA the fourth-largest credit union in the state of Florida. MIDFLORIDA Credit Union is regulated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) as a federally insured state-chartered credit union. MIDFLORIDA was officially chartered in 1935 and was assigned NCUA charter number 68600.
MIDFLORIDA Credit Union was founded in 1954 in Lakeland as the Polk County Teachers Credit Union, and currently serves a large part of the Central Florida area. In 2002, MIDFLORIDA expanded its community charter to include Okeechobee, Sumter and Hardee counties. MIDFLORIDA became a state-chartered credit union in 2009, shortening the company name to MIDFLORIDA Credit Union.
Bay Gulf Merger
On June 15, 2010, MIDFLORIDA and Bay Gulf Credit Union announced a merger between the two credit unions, which added Bay Gulf's approximately 20,000 members and $140 million assets to MIDFLORIDA's then 130,000 members and $1.4 billion assets. As a result of the merger, MIDFLORIDA gained access to the Tampa Bay area and expanded services to all or part of 14 Florida counties.
Space Coast acquisition
Near the end of 2011, MIDFLORIDA Credit Union and Space Coast Credit Union announced that MIDFLORIDA would acquire 6 Tampa-area branches from Space Coast, based in Melbourne, Florida. This acquisition added 16,000 members to MIDFLORIDA for a total of 35,000 members and 14 branches in Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties.
Indian River Credit Union merger
In 2012, MIDFLORIDA Credit Union merged with Indian River Federal Credit Union, based in Vero Beach, Florida. The merger added Indian River's 9,100 members and $55.5 million assets to MIDFLORIDA, giving the credit union two additional branches in Vero Beach and Sebastian, Florida. These conversions expanded MIDFLORIDA’s ability to provide services across the state, from the Tampa Bay market (Hillsborough and Pinellas County) to the Treasure Coast.
- "MidFlorida Credit Union Branches". MidFlorida Credit Union. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "CALL Report Data". NCUA. NCUA. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "MidFlorida Credit Union Assets". Credit Unions Directory.net. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "National Credit Union Administration". National Credit Union Administration. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "Mid-Florida Credit Union to close Sebastian branch". TCPalm. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "MidFlorida FCU Flips To State Charter". Credit Union Journal. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "MidFlorida, Bay Gulf credit unions plan to merge". Tampa Bay Business Journal. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "Bay Gulf Credit Union". Credit Union Access. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "Space Coast CU Spins Off Six Branches, 16,000 Members To MIDFLORIDA CU". Credit Union Journal. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "Indian River Credit Union to merge with MIDFLORIDA". TCPalm. Retrieved June 18, 2013.
- "Two Credit Unions Agree To Merge With MidFlorida". The Ledger. Retrieved June 18, 2013.