Mid-America Air Museum
|Location||2000 W 2nd Street
|Visitors||12,000 / year|
The Mid-American Air Museum is the largest aircraft museum in Kansas, and the fifth-largest in the United States. The museum has on display over 100 aircraft (both within the museum's primary building and on the adjacent tarmac), a gift store, and several displays of photographs and ephemera relating to the history of aviation in the region.
The Museum is located within a hangar that formerly belonged to Beech Aircraft (where Beech produced Beech Musketeer, Beechcraft Baron, and Beechcraft Duchess light airplanes, in the 1960s and 1970s.)
Location, Hours & Accommodations
The museum is open Monday-Friday, 8:00am–5:00pm, Saturday, 10:00am–5:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm–5:00pm
The museum is open regular hours every day except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Independent visitors to the museum take self-guided tours.
However, guided tours are available for school, church, corporate and other tour groups. Special rates are available for groups of 10 or more. Tours must be booked in advance.
Two electric carts are available at no charge for use by elderly, disabled, or injured visitors.
- "MAAM Foundation - About us". MAAM Foundation. MAAM Foundation. Archived from the original on 2015-06-30. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- Boy, Michele. "Eye on Kansas - Mid America Air Museum". Eye on Kansas. Archived from the original on 2015-06-29. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Mid-America Air Museum". City of Liberal. Archived from the original on 2015-06-26. Retrieved 26 June 2015., Official website of the City of Liberal, Kansas
- Skip, Burroughs. "The Mid-America Air Museum in Liberal, KS". SW Aviator. Archived from the original on 2015-06-26. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Beechcraft "sport" B19". The Skytamer Archive. Archived from the original on 2015-06-02. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "City of Liberal, Holidays page". Archived from the original on 2015-06-26. Retrieved 27 June 2015., Official website of the City of Liberal, Kansas
- Mid-American Air Museum (MAAM) Foundation
- Kansas Travel-Mid-America Air Museum - Photos and candid review
- A collection of museum photos
|This Kansas museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This aerospace museum–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|