Mid Derbyshire (UK Parliament constituency)
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Mid Derbyshire in Derbyshire for the 2010 general election.
Location of Derbyshire within England.
|Electorate||66,855 (2015 Election)|
|Major settlements||Belper, Borrowash, Duffield, West Hallam
in Derby: Allestree, Oakwood and Spondon
|Member of parliament||Pauline Latham OBE (Conservative Party)|
|Created from||Amber Valley|
|Type of constituency||County constituency|
|European Parliament constituency||East Midlands|
Following their review of parliamentary representation, the Boundary Commission for England created this seat. Neighbouring constituencies have had consequential boundary changes, with Erewash and Amber Valley two of the most affected.
The constituency is made up of the following electoral wards:
- Belper Central; Belper East; Belper North; Belper South; Duffield, part of the borough of Amber Valley
- Allestree, Oakwood and Spondon, part of the City of Derby
- Little Eaton and Breadsall; Ockbrook and Borrowash; Stanley; West Hallam and Dale Abbey, part of the borough of Erewash
Members of Parliament
|1885||Sir James Alfred Jacoby||Liberal|
|1909||John George Hancock||Labour|
MPs since 2010
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrat||Hilary Jones||2,292||4.8||-15.7|
|Liberal Democrat||Sally McIntosh||9,711||20.5||+4.5|
|Monster Raving Loony||R.U.Seerius||219||0.5||N/A|
Elections in the 1910s
|Labour||John George Hancock||7,575||63.9|
|Labour||John George Hancock||6,557|
Elections in the 1900s
|Lib-Lab||John George Hancock||6,735||60.5|
- Hancock, who was sponsored by the Derbyshire Miners Association was chosen by the local Liberal Association as their candidate. During the campaign he agreed that he would sign the Labour Party constitution, so some records describe him as the Labour party candidate.
|Liberal||James Alfred Jacoby||7,065||67.0|
Notes and references
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "D" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.