Midas (automotive service)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||April 20, 1956
Macon, Georgia, U.S.
|Founder||Nate H. Sherman|
|Headquarters||Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, U.S.|
Number of locations
|2,300+ (May 2011)|
|Revenue||US$183.6 million (2011)|
|US$17.8 million (2011)|
|US$4 million (2011)|
|Total assets||US$215.8 million (2011)|
Midas, Inc. is an American chain of automotive service centers headquartered in Itasca, Illinois. In its North American main and home market, Midas stores are company-owned or franchised. In the 17 other countries it operates in, the service centers are either licensed or franchised. Midas is one of the world’s largest providers of automotive services, offering brake, maintenance, tires, exhaust, steering and suspension services at more than 2,000 franchised, licensed and company-owned Midas shops in 13 countries, including nearly 1,300 in the United States of America and Canada. Midas also owns the SpeeDee Oil & Auto Service business, with more than 150 auto service centers in America.
In April 1956, Midas, an acronym of Muffler Installation Dealers' Associated Service, was established by Nate H. Sherman and the first Midas Muffler opened that year in Macon, Georgia. The chain was originally known as Midas Muffler as they specialized in the replacement of mufflers. In recent years, they have marketed themselves as Auto Service Experts, as they are capable of performing most routine and common automobile service, including brakes, fluid changes, and suspensions. The name is derived from the king Midas and his golden touch, hence the slogan "Trust the Midas touch".
- Nobody beats Midas. Nobody. (1977–1986)
- The Midas Way. The way it should be. (1987–1996)
- You should trust a Midas touch (1995–2000)
- Trust the Midas touch (2001–)
- Trust Midas (2006–)
- "www.americasgreatestbrands.com/volume6/pdf/Midas.pdf" (PDF). AmericasGreatestBrands.com. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- Midas Reports First Quarter Results
- "TBC Corporation Has the 'Midas Touch,' Finalizes Acquisition"
- Guzman, Kara (2014-05-13). "Ralph Peduto, Santa Cruz actor, dies from leukemia". Santa Cruz Sentinel. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Midas (automotive service).|
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|