Middle Amana, Iowa
|Middle Amana, Iowa|
|• Total||2.74 km2 (1.06 sq mi)|
|• Land||2.74 km2 (1.06 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.0 km2 (0.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||230 m (750 ft)|
|• Density||212.3/km2 (550/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||459023|
Middle Amana is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Iowa County, Iowa, United States. It is the largest of the seven villages of the Amana Colonies, all designated as a National Historic Landmark. As of the 2010 Census the population of Middle Amana was 581.
Middle Amana is in northeastern Iowa County, on the north side of the valley of the Iowa River. It is 1.5 miles (2.4 km) west of Amana and 2 miles (3 km) east of High Amana. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Middle Amana CDP has an area of 1.0 square mile (2.7 km2), all of it recorded as land.
In 1881, Middle Amana contained a woolen mill, starch factory, machine shop, wagon ship, blacksmith shop, book printing and bindery, brick yard, general store, school, and meeting house.
Clear Creek-Amana School District operates public schools serving the community. Amana Elementary School is in Middle Amana, and Clear Creek Amana Middle School and Clear Creek Amana High School are in Tiffin.
Clear Creek Amana Middle School was previously in Middle Amana.
- Bill Zuber, baseball player and restaurateur
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Middle Amana CDP, Iowa". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- The History of Iowa County, Iowa: Containing a History of the County, Its Cities, Towns, &c. Union Historical Company. 1881. p. 765.
- Home. Amana Elementary School. Retrieved on October 24, 2017. "Amana Elementary 3023 220th Trail Amana, IA 52203"
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Middle Amana CDP, IA." U.S. Census Bureau. retrieved on October 24, 2017.
- Hoehnle, Peter. Amana Colonies: 1932-1945. Arcadia Publishing, 2016. ISBN 1467115401, 9781467115407. p. 108.
- Hoehnle, Peter. Amana Colonies: 1932-1945. Arcadia Publishing, 2016. ISBN 1467115401, 9781467115407. p. 110.
- Home. Clear Creek Amana Middle School. February 23, 1999. Retrieved on October 24, 2017. "3023 220th Trail Middle Amana, Iowa 52307"
|This Iowa-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|