Middle Andaman Island
Outline map of the Andaman Islands, with the location of Middle Andaman Island highlighted (in red).
|Location||Bay of Bengal|
|Adjacent bodies of water||Indian Ocean|
|Area||1,523 km2 (588 sq mi)|
|Length||70 km (43 mi)|
|Width||28 km (17.4 mi)|
|Coastline||272 km (169 mi)|
|Highest elevation||512 m (1,680 ft)|
|Highest point||Mount Diavolo|
|District||North and Middle Andaman|
|Island group||Andaman Islands|
|Island sub-group||Great Andaman|
|Largest settlement||Rangat Metropolitan (pop 10,000)|
|Population||55,632 (2011)Only middle andaman villages from the 2011 census|
|Pop. density||36.5 /km2 (94.5 /sq mi)|
|Ethnic groups||Hindu, Andamanese, Jarawa|
|Avg. summer temperature||30.2 °C (86.4 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||23.0 °C (73.4 °F)|
|Official Languages||Hindi, English|
The island belongs to the Great Andaman Chain and is located 73 km (45 mi) north from Port Blair. It is the central island of the Great Andaman archipelago of India, with a total area of 1,536 km². Middle Andaman is separated from North Andaman Island by Austen Strait, and from Baratang Island at the south by Homfray's Strait, both shallow and narrow channels, a few hundred metres wide; and from Interview Island at its west by the navigable Interview Passage.
The island's coastline was inundated by the tsunami resulting from the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake (26th Dec), though the effect was far less severe when compared with other Islands of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Population of Middle Andaman consists of Bengali, Tamil and Keralite settlers. The island is also home to many of the indigenous Jarawa people. The main occupation of the inhabitants is farming and Agriculture.
|Children aged below 6 years||2065||1039||1026|
|Main workers (total)||2||2||0|
The island hosts immaculate waterfalls, and pretty beaches. Adventurous fun such as Island camping, trekking, Scuba diving, snorkeling, and other exciting water sports offer you chance to indulge in real pleasure. 
- "Islandwise Area and Population - 2011 Census" (PDF). Government of Andaman.
- Sailing Directions (Enroute), Pub. 173: India and the Bay of Bengal (PDF). Sailing Directions. United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. 2017. p. 281.
- "A&N Islands - Pincodes". 22 September 2016. Archived from the original on 23 March 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "STD Codes of Andaman and Nicobar". allcodesindia.in. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Registration Plate Numbers added to ISO Code
- "Village Code Directory: Andaman & Nicobar Islands" (PDF). Census of India. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
- Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe (2011) The Pearson CSAT Manual 2011. Accessed on 2012-07-26
- "DEMOGRAPHIC – A&N ISLANDS" (PDF). andssw1.and.nic.in. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- nort part map
- south part map
- "District Census Handbook - Andaman & Nicobar Islands" (PDF). 2011 Census of India. Directorate of Census Operations, Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 August 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Middle Andaman Island.|