Middle Class Melodies
|Middle Class Melodies|
|Directed by||Vinod Ananthoju|
|Produced by||Venigalla Anand Prasad|
|Written by||Janardhan Pasumarthi (Dialogue)|
|Screenplay by||Janardhan Pasumarthi|
|Story by||Janardhan Pasumarthi|
|Music by||Sweekar Agasthi|
|Edited by||Ravi Teja Girijala|
Middle Class Melodies is an Indian Telugu-language comedy drama film directed by debutante Vinod Ananthoju and starring Anand Devarakonda and Varsha Bollamma. The film was released on Amazon Prime Video on 20 November 2020. Upon release, the film received positive reviews for its performances, direction, screenplay and simplicity.
- Anand Devarakonda as Raghava
- Varsha Bollamma as Sandhya
- Chaitanya Garikipati as Gopal
- Divya Sripada as Gautami
- Goparaju Ramana as Kondalrao
- Surabhi Prabhavati as Lakshmi
- Prem Sagar as Nageswara Rao
- Prabhavati Varma as Kamala
- Deshi as Seenu
- Katta Anthony as Anjaih
- Mahipal as Auto Driver
- Chanakya Tejas as Surendra
- Tharun Bhascker as AE (Cameo Appearance)
The film was shot in Kollapur and Kolakaluru. Anand Devarakonda plays a middle class boy and Varsha Bollamma was cast as the lead actress. All of the characters speak in the Guntur dialect for the film. Devarakonda learned cooking for the film. Sunny Kurapati, who worked as the cinematographer for Dorasaani (2019), is the cinematographer for this film.
Vishal Menon of Film Companion wrote, "Taking a page off the books of Malayalam directors such as Dileesh Pothan and Lijo Jose Pellissery, we get a hyper-local Telugu film that’s sprinkled with many beautiful moments."
- "Anand Deverakonda shares Varsha Bollamma's first-look as Sandhya from Middle Class Melodies - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Young Hero Anand Devarakonda's next Titled as Middle Class Melodies". The Hans India. 11 July 2020.
- "Anand Deverakonda and Varsha Bollamma team up for Middle Class Melodies - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Anand Deverakonda's next titled Middle Class Melodies". The New Indian Express.
- "Middle Class Melodies to get OTT release". The New Indian Express.
- "Anand picks up Guntur slang to play a middle class Andhra abbayi next - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Adivi, Sashidhar (12 July 2020). "Anand Deverakonda goes the extra mile". Deccan Chronicle.
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (3 July 2019). "A tonal shift in his lens view". The Hindu.
- "ఆనంద్ దేవరకొండ రెండో సినిమా రెడీ.. ఈసారి గుంటూరు యాసలో!" [Anand Devarakonda's second movie is ready .. this time in Guntur dialect!]. Samayam Telugu (in Telugu).
- "Anand Deverakonda's 'Middle Class Melodies' on Amazon Prime". NTV Telugu.
- Menon, Vishal (20 November 2020). "Middle Class Melodies Movie Review". Film Companion. Retrieved 20 November 2020.