Middle East Strategic Information
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Middle East Strategic Information (MESI) is a pro-Israel news/media analysis project based in London.
MESI is directed by Ambassador Yehuda Avner, a veteran diplomat who served on the staff of five past Israeli Prime Ministers (including Levi Eshkol, Golda Meir, Yitzchak Rabin, Menachem Begin, and Shimon Peres), as well as serving as ambassador to the United Kingdom, Ireland and Australia. Furthermore, Avner formerly served as the Inspector General of the Foreign Service, and is today a member of the Ambassadorial Appointments Committee.
Today, Ashley Perry is the MESI editor. He was raised in the United Kingdom, where he graduated from University College London. Before taking up his post with MESI, he worked for multiple organizations including the Israeli Prime Ministers Office. He currently lives outside of Jerusalem.
MESI is part of the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, well known and respected non-profit, policy research and education institution established in Jerusalem, and currently run by Dore Gold, an Israeli diplomat. Gold was an advisor at the Madrid Peace Conference as well the Wye River Memorandum. He served as an advisor to Prime Ministers Benjamin Netanyahu and Ariel Sharon, and was later appointed as Israel's ambassador to the United Nations
Some Publications by MESI Members
- Articles by Yehuda Avner- Director of MESI
- The Ghosts of Deir Yassin- Jerusalem Post- Yehuda Avner[dead link]
- Ashley Perry (November 2, 2008). "Happy Birthday Balfour Declaration". The Jerusalem Post.
- Middle East Opinion Piece for Bicom- Jonathan Halevi and Ashley Perry
- Jonathan Halevi; Ashley Perry (17 June 2008). "What Drives Ahmadinejad?". Ynetnews. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Winning the War?". Australia/Israel and Jewish Affairs Council. 5 June 2008. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Hezbollah and Lebanon". Australia/Israel and Jewish Affairs Council. 13 August 2008. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Rank and File". Haaretz. 30 May 2008.
- Cnaan Liphshiz (1 August 2008). "When is Hamas not like the IRA?". Haaretz.
- Front Page Magazine[dead link]
More External Links
- "Dore Gold". Jewish Virtual Library.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20081211035348/http://www.intelligencesummit.org/speakers/JonathanHalevi.php. Archived from the original on December 11, 2008. Retrieved November 3, 2008. Missing or empty