Middleport Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1855|
|• Total||36.48 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Land||36.39 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.25%|
|Elevation||633 ft (193 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||4,140|
|• Density||120.2/sq mi (46.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60951, 60966, 60970|
Middleport Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 4,375 and it contained 2,099 housing units. Middleport Township changed its name to Watseka Township in September 1863, but then changed back to Middleport Township on an unknown date.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.48 square miles (94.5 km2), of which 36.39 square miles (94.2 km2) (or 99.75%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.25%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Watseka (the county seat) (north half)
- Pittwood at
The township contains these five cemeteries: Chamberlain, Gard Army of the Republic, Lyman, Oak Hill and Roberts.
Airports and landing strips
- Songwood Inn Airport
- Forest Park
- Kay Park
- Peters Park
- Shagbark Airport
- Donovan Community Unit School District 3
- Iroquois County Community Unit School District 9
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- "Middleport Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.