NAIP aerial image, 30 June 2006
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Owner||City of Evergreen|
|Elevation AMSL||259 ft / 79 m|
Middleton Field (ICAO: KGZH, FAA LID: GZH, formerly 39J) is a public-use airport located 5 nautical miles (9.3 km; 5.8 mi) west of the central business district of Evergreen, a city in Conecuh County, Alabama, United States. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation facility. Although the airport is owned by the City of Evergreen, it is primarily used for flight training by the U.S. Navy.
Facilities and aircraft
Middleton Field covers an area of 200 acres (81 ha) which contains two asphalt paved runways (1/19 and 10/28) each measuring 4,000 by 150 ft (1,219 by 46 m). For the 12-month period ending June 25, 2007, the airport had 134,005 aircraft operations, an average of 367 per day: 96% military and 4% general aviation.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GZH ( PDF), effective April 27, 2017.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB) Archived 2011-08-06 at the Wayback Machine. Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Great Circle Mapper: KGZH - Evergreen, Alabama (Middleton Field)
- Arlington Cemetery Biography for Lt. Cmdr. Barbara Allen Rainey
- Airfield photos for GZH from Civil Air Patrol
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GZH, effective April 25, 2019
- Resources for this airport: