Middleton Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Middleton Township, Wood County, Ohio|
Location of Middleton Township in Wood County
|• Total||32.5 sq mi (84.1 km2)|
|• Land||32.2 sq mi (83.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||663 ft (202 m)|
|• Density||140/sq mi (53/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087188|
Middleton Township is one of the nineteen townships of Wood County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 4,454 people in the township, 3,266 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Perrysburg - north
- Perrysburg Township - northeast
- Webster Township - east
- Center Township - southeast
- Plain Township - south
- Washington Township - southwest
- Waterville Township, Lucas County - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The Middleton Township Hall is located in Haskins, at the corner of Liberty Hi Road and Sugar Street.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Middleton township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Cities, Townships, & Villages". Wood County Government. Archived from the original on June 6, 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 2009-04-30.
- "Wood County Township Association - Middleton". Wood County Township Association. Retrieved 2009-08-14.