The middleweight division in mixed martial arts refers to a number of different weight classes:
- UFC's middleweight division, which groups competitors within 171 to 185 lb (77.5 to 84 kg)
- Shooto's middleweight class, which refers to competitors between 155 and 170 lb (70.3 and 77.1 kg)
- ONE Championship's middleweight limits between 186 and 205 lb (84.0 to 93 kg)
Ambiguity and clarification
For the sake of uniformity, many mixed martial arts websites refer to competitors between 171 and 185 lb (77.5 and 84 kg) as middleweights. This encompasses Shooto's light heavyweight division of the same weight limit.
Table accurate as of October 2016.
|UFC||June 4, 2016||Michael Bisping||30-7 (16KO 4SUB)||1|
|Bellator MMA||October 23, 2015||Rafael Carvalho||13-1 (10KO)||1|
|WSOF||June 21, 2014||David Branch||19-3 (5KO 6SUB)||2|
|ONE Championship||November 7, 2014||Vitaly Bigdash||8-0 (4KO 4SUB)||0|
- List of current MMA Middleweight champions
- List of UFC Middleweight Champions
- List of Strikeforce Middleweight Champions
- List of Pancrase Middleweight Champions
Footnotes and references
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: Chapter 467 - Unarmed Combat". http://www.leg.state.nv.us. Retrieved 2007-02-20. External link in
- "Unified Rules of MMA". Association of Boxing Commissions. Retrieved 2012-07-15.