Midland Township, New Jersey
Midland Township was hit hard by "Boroughitis" in 1894, when three boroughs were formed from portions of the township (and other townships, as indicated): Delford (March 8, 1894; also included portions of Palisades Township; name changed to Oradell in 1920), Maywood (June 30, 1894) and Riverside (June 30, 1894; name changed to River Edge in 1930). Paramus left the fold on April 4, 1922.
- Wm. C. Hunt, Chief Statistician for Population. "Fourteenth Census of The United States: 1920; Population: New Jersey; Number of inhabitants, by counties and minor civil divisions" (ZIP). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2007-03-21.
- "The Story of New Jersey's Civil Boundaries: 1606-1968", John P. Snyder, Bureau of Geology and Topography; Trenton, New Jersey; 1969. p. 81.
- "History of Bergen County, New Jersey, 1630-1923;" by "Westervelt, Frances A. (Frances Augusta), 1858-1942."
- "Municipal Incorporations of the State of New Jersey (according to Counties)" prepared by the Division of Local Government, Department of the Treasury (New Jersey); December 1, 1958.
- Bergen County Townships and Municipalities
- A Centennial Review of Bergen County Borough Fever 1894-95