Midway, Baxter County, Arkansas
|• Total||5.544 sq mi (14.36 km2)|
|• Land||5.534 sq mi (14.33 km2)|
|• Water||0.010 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||889 ft (271 m)|
|• Density||200/sq mi (75/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||58176|
Midway is a census-designated place in Baxter County, Arkansas, United States. Midway is 5.5 miles (8.9 km) northwest of Mountain Home. Midway has a post office with ZIP code 72651. As of the 2010 census, its population is 1,084.
Midway is at the intersection of Highway 5, Highway 126 and Highway 178. Highway 5 provides access to Mountain Home to the east and extends about eight miles to the north to the Arkansas - Missouri border. Highway 126 provides access to the Baxter County Regional Airport to the south and on to Gassville. Highway 178 provides access to Lakeview, Bull Shoals and the Bull Shoals Lake to the west.
Midway is in the Mountain Home School District.
- Bob Cohee operated a realty company in Midway; was former Baxter County county judge, and a former state chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Midway, Baxter County, Arkansas
- ZIP Code Lookup
- "American FactFinder". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- Arkansas Atlas & Gazetteer, Delorme, 2nd ed., 2004, p. 25 ISBN 0-89933-345-1
- School District Reference Map (2010 Census) Baxter County, AR (PDF) (Map). US Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-07-12.
- "Robert "Bob" L. Cohee". rollerfuneralhomes.com. Retrieved May 26, 2014.
- Map of Baxter County[permanent dead link] (US Census Bureau)
- Mountain Home School District
- Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society
|This Arkansas state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|