Midway High School
|Midway High School|
|8200 Mars Drive
Waco, Texas 76712-6575
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Midway ISD|
|Principal||Mrs. Alison Smith|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class 6A|
|Website||Midway High School|
Midway High School is a public high school located in the city of Waco, Texas, USA and classified as a 6A school by the UIL. It is part of the Midway Independent School District, which serves the Waco, Texas area. Although the school is located in southwestern Waco, most students live in the suburbs of Woodway and Hewitt. The school was formerly located in Hewitt until the fall of 2002, when the current high school was built a half-mile away. The previous building is now Midway Middle School. In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
The ethnic breakdown of Midway ISD is approximately 64.8% White, 17.1% Hispanic, 11.6% African-American, 4.3% Asian, 1.0% Native American, 0.1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, and 1.1% two or more ethnicities.
The Midway Panthers and Pantherettes compete in these sports: 
- Cross Country
- Marching Band
- Track and Field
- Water polo (club)
Midway and its late superintendent, M.T. Rice, were known as pioneers in the development of Texas girls' basketball. The M.T. Rice Holiday Tournament, which features boys and girls teams from across the state, is one of the oldest and largest basketball tournaments in the state.
- Baseball - 
- Girls Basketball - 
- 1955(B), 1969(2A), 1973(2A), 1975(3A), 1976(3A), 1994(4A), 2009(4A)
- Girls Cross Country - 
- 1982 (4A)
- Boys Soccer - 
- Softball - 
- 1998(4A), 2010(4A)
- Girls Track - 
- Volleyball - 
Midway added a robotics program in 2010 and an astronomy club in 2011, which has received attention for its portable, inflatable planetarium. Although traditional FFA and agriculture studies programs are not new to Midway, the growing interest led to a renovated ag barn in 2012.
Midway's speech and debate teams were nationally competitive throughout the 1980s-90s, consistently qualifying students for the National Forensic League tournament. Midway has won state championships in Lincoln-Douglas Debate (1995), policy debate (1993, 1995, 1996, 2000), informative speaking (1993), and persuasive speaking (1964, 1965, and 1993).
The Midway orchestra program received international recognition when it was invited to perform at the 2012 Midwest Clinic in Chicago, Ill., for an audience of over 200 music educators. In 2012, the program was named a national finalist for the American Prize in Orchestra Performance, placing second. The orchestra program consistently produces UIL all-state musicians.
Lone Star Cup
In 2012, Midway ranked in the top 10 of UIL's Lone Star Cup Class 4A rankings for the fifth year in a row, before moving to 5A in the 2012-13 school year. The Texas Lone Star Cup is awarded based on a school district’s combined academic and athletic achievements.
In addition to strong athletics and academics, Midway was named "One of the Best Communities for Music Education" by the NAMM Foundation four straight years.
Midway High on television
This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Brian Barkley, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Zach Duke, 2001 graduate, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Casey Fossum, 1996 graduate, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Aaron Wilkerson, 2007 graduate, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Ryan Harlan, decathlete
- Ahmad Dixon, 2010 graduate, Baylor Bears and NFL football player
- Chris Furrh, actor
- Kramer Robertson, baseball player
- "MIDWAY H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 11, 2017.
- "2015 Accountability Rating System" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-10.
- The Athletics Department
- UIL Baseball Archives Archived 2013-12-10 at the Wayback Machine.
- UIL Girls Basketball Archives
- UIL Girls Cross Country Archives Archived 2012-03-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- UIL Boys Soccer Archives Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine.
- UIL Softball Archives Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- UIL Boys Tennis Archives
- UIL Girls Track Archives Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- UIL Volleyball Archives Archived 2015-12-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- 2010-11 Lone Star Cup Winners
- NAMM Foundation Best Communities for Music Education Archived 2012-06-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Brian Barkley Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "Zach Duke Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "Casey Fossum Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "'She's the only person I hear': LSU's Kramer Robertson, Kim Mulkey spend Mother's Day the only way they know how | LSU". theadvocate.com. May 7, 2016. Retrieved July 6, 2017.