Midwest Sports Fans
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Authors and Content
Jerod Morris is the Managing Editor and AJ Kaufman serves as Co-editor. The author list for Midwest Sports Fans has included sports anchors Scott Reister (KNDU-TV in Kennewick, WA) and Candice Crawford (KOMU-TV in Columbia, MO). Reister wrote a regular column called "The Anchor’s Desk", while Crawford regularly contributed her article, "From the Sideline.". Other writers include "KVB," Kurt Allen, Jon Washburn, Tyler Juranovich, Devon Alexandre and Drew Lange. MSF also has a podcast.
In a post titled, "The Curious Case of Raúl Ibáñez: Steroid Speculation Perhaps Unfair, but Great Start in 2009 Raising Eyebrows,"  Morris outlined a variety of possible statistical explanations for the impressive beginning Raúl Ibáñez got off to in 2009, his first year with the Philadelphia Phillies. In the post, Morris argues that because of Major League Baseball’s sordid recent history with performance-enhancing drug (PED) use, it is reasonable to speculate and impossible to rule out that Ibáñez’s could be steroid enhanced. In the post, Morris stated that he was withholding judgment on the issue and later clarified that he did not believe Ibanez was using steroids, only that such speculation is warranted for any Major League Baseball Player.
The post on Midwest Sports Fans created a controversy when it was mentioned by John Gonzalez in a "Philadelphia Inquirer" article entitled "A cheap shot at Ibanez". Morris claimed that Gonzalez had mischaracterized the post. Once informed of the Philadelphia Inquirer article by Gonzalez that discussed the post by Morris, Raúl Ibáñez criticized the post saying he considered it "pathetic" and "cowardly" and vowing that he would go to any measure to prove that he is clean.
- "Midwest Sports Fans Quantcast Profile".
- "MSF on YardBarker".
- "Midwest Sports Fans branded link in the left sidebar".
- "Ari Kaufman becomes first co-editor of Midwest Sports Fans".
- "Scott Reister - Author of "The Anchor's Desk"".
- "Candice Crawford - From the Sideline". Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- "The Curious Case of Raúl Ibáñez: Steroid Speculation Perhaps Unfair, but Great Start in 2009 Raising Eyebrows".
- "MSF says they are "withholding judgment" regarding Ibanez steroid use".
- "Amending the Previously Incomplete Research of the Ibanez Post".
- "Final Thoughts (for now) on the Raúl Ibáñez Story Debated Yesterday".
- "John Gonzalez - "Philadelphia Inquirer"".
- "'Philadelphia Inquirer' article, written by John Gonzalez regarding MSF blog post".
- "Hugging Harold National Blog defends MSF".
- "Raúl Ibáñez debacle: blame the Philly Inquirer, not blogger Jerod Morris".
- "Raúl Ibáñez's statement in the "Philadelphia Inquirer."".
- "Fox Sports, "Outside the Lines"".