Mighty Men Conference
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mighty Men Conference|
Angus Buchan preaching at MMC 2010
The Mighty Men Conference, organised by Shalom Trust of South Africa, was an annual gathering of Christian men and boys which ran from 2004 to 2010. The Conference included camping outdoors and preaching by Angus Buchan.
South African farmer Angus Buchan began the conference in 2004, with reports of attendees varying from a few dozen to 240. The number of attendees grew rapidly, with numbers reportedly rising to 600 in 2005 to 1060 in 2006, 7,400 in 2007 and 60,000 in 2008. The final national event in 2010 was attended by up to 300,000 men and boys. Mighty Men Conferences have continued around South Africa and the world, however these are no longer one central conference organised by the Shalom Trust.
In 2014, Mighty Men of God, Inc, a Christian organization from Orlando, Florida brought a lawsuit against Angus Buchan and World Outreach Church of Murfreesboro Tennessee, Incorporated for using the name "Mighty Men" in the United States, which it had trademarked in 2004. In April 2015 United States District Judge Carlos Eduardo Mendoza denied a motion to dismiss the case from Buchan and the World Outreach Church.
- Buchan, Angus (2012). The Mighty Men Journey (PDF). Vereeniging: Christian Art Publishers. p. Preface. ISBN 978-1-4321-0247-0. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- Khumalo, Nonku (19 April 2010). "Curtain falls on Mighty Men sermons". Times Live. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- Kunerth, Jeff (26 August 2014). "Christian groups duke it out in 'Mighty Men' lawsuit". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "Mighty Men USA Christian Conference Debut Plans For 10,000". PR Newswire. 11 April 2013. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- Ryan, Myrtle (28 April 2008). "Farmer makes miracles". IOLbeta. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "About Us". Mighty Men Conference Central South Africa. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- Graham, Efrem (6 May 2013). "Tenn. Arena Packed for 'Mighty Men' Conference". CBN News. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "Mighty Men of God, Inc. v. World Outreach Church of Murfreesboro Tennessee, Incorporated et al, No. 6:2014cv00947". Justicia US Law. Justicia. Retrieved 18 September 2015.