Miguel Ángel Cordero
|Full name||Miguel Ángel Cordero Sánchez|
|Date of birth||10 September 1987|
|Place of birth||Lebrija, Spain|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2009–2010||→ Real Madrid B (loan)||25||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 April 2017.
Born in Lebrija, Province of Seville, Cordero arrived at Sevilla FC's youth ranks at the age of 12 from local CA Antoniano. In 2006 he moved to Sevilla Atlético, helping Sevilla FC's reserve team achieve promotion to the second division.
After 45 games with Sevilla B in the following two seasons combined – suffering relegation in his second – and some call-ups to the main squad, although he never appeared officially for the Andalusians, Cordero was loaned to another side in the third level, Real Madrid Castilla. In August 2010 he was transferred to Xerez CD, returning to his native region.
In his first season, Cordero was one of the most used players by manager Javi López (almost 2,900 minutes of action), scoring five goals as Xerez easily retained its division status. He also collected 15 yellow cards.
In the 2012 summer, Cordero signed for AEK Athens FC, going on to remain several years in Greece and help to two consecutive promotions to reach the Superleague after the club was relegated twice in the same campaign due to irregularities. On 25 June 2016, however, as his contract was nearing its expiration, he was told by the board of directors to look for a new club.
- Sevilla B
- Greek Football Cup: 2015–16
- Football League 2: 2013–14 (Group VI)
- Football League: 2014–15 (South Group)
- Cordero ready for AEK's comeback; Neos Kosmos, 4 May 2015
- Δεν υπολογίζεται ο Κορδέρο στην ΑΕΚ (Cordero does not make the grade at AEK); Sport FM, 25 June 2016 (in Greek)
- Miguel Ángel Cordero, nou jugador del Nàstic (Miguel Ángel Cordero, new player of Nàstic); Gimnàstic Tarragona, 30 August 2016 (in Catalan)