Miguel Ángel Nieto
|Full name||Miguel Ángel Nieto de la Calle|
|Date of birth||12 January 1986|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2004–2006||Real Madrid C||48||(28)|
|2006–2008||Real Madrid B||48||(6)|
|2011||→ Xerez (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 April 2017.
A Real Madrid youth graduate, Nieto spent his first three professional seasons with its C-team. He sometimes trained with and was called up to the main squad, as against Racing de Santander (18 November 2006) and Valencia CF (27 November), as an unused substitute.
Nieto made his first-team debut in a match with FC Dynamo Kyiv for the 2006–07 edition of the UEFA Champions League, in a final group stage tie that ended with a 2–2 away draw. His La Liga debut was against Villarreal CF on 27 January 2007, and he also appeared the next week against Levante UD for two consecutive 0–1 defeats, although Madrid would be crowned league champions; in the latter match the player, who had replaced an injured Robinho, tried his luck with a shot which sliced the woodwork of José Francisco Molina's goal.
After spending one full season with Real Madrid Castilla in the third division, Nieto signed a five-year contract with 2007–08's top flight overachievers UD Almería on 1 July 2008, after finishing his contract with Real Madrid. Rarely played in his first year he did score an important goal, in a 3–1 home win against Sporting de Gijón on 10 May 2009, which confirmed that the Andalusians would remain in the top level for a further year.
In late January 2011, completely ostracized by both Juan Manuel Lillo and his successor José Luis Oltra, Nieto was loaned to another side in the region, second level's Xerez CD, until the end of the campaign, also being rarely used.
- Real Madrid
- Racing Santander
- Capello y la cantera (Capello and the cantera); Real Madrid CF (in Spanish)
- Ronaldo salva al Real Madrid del ridículo ante el Dinamo de Kiev (2–2) (Ronaldo saves Real Madrid from ridicule against Dynamo Kiev (2–2)); Libertad Digital, 6 December 2006 (in Spanish)
- Villarreal 1–0 Real Madrid; ESPN Soccernet, 27 January 2007
- Real Madrid 0–1 Levante; ESPN Soccernet, 4 February 2007
- R.Madrid, 0 Levante, 1; Real Madrid CF, 4 February 2007 (in Spanish)
- Nieto se convierte en el cuarto fichaje almeriense (Nieto becomes fourth Almería signing); Marca, 2 July 2008 (in Spanish)
- Quini recibe a la expedición almeriense (Quini welcomes Almería expedition); La Nueva España, 13 September 2009 (in Spanish)