Ferrera at the 2016 Olympics
|Full name||Miguel Adrian Ferrera Rodríguez|
|Born||25 May 1981|
|Education||Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
|Club||Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras|
|Coached by||Adonay Medina
Julio Antonio Jova
Miguel Adrian Ferrera Rodríguez (born 25 May 1981) is a Honduran taekwondo practitioner. Ferrera qualified for the men's 80 kg class at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, after placing second from the Pan American Qualification Tournament in Cali, Colombia. He lost the preliminary round of sixteen match to China's Zhu Guo, with a final score of 1–3. Ferrera was also the nation's flag bearer at the opening ceremony.
In 2015 Ferrera become the first athlete from Honduras to be inducted into the World Hall of Fame of the International Taekwondo Federation (ITF). ITF also granted him a wild card entry spot at the 2016 Olympics.
Ferrera competed for Honduras at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in the men's 80 kg class. He was defeated by Mehdi Khodabakhshi of Iran in the first round. He was the flag bearer for Honduras in the closing ceremony.
- Miguel Ferrera. nbcolympics.com
- "Miguel Ferrera". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "WTF Pan American Qualification Tournament Concludes in Success in Cali, Colombia". World Taekwondo Federation. 10 December 2007. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Men's 80kg (176 lbs) Preliminary Round of 16". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "List of Flagbearers Beijing 2008" (PDF). Olympics. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Taekwondo Men −80kg". Rio 2016. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "The Flagbearers for the Rio 2016 Closing Ceremony". 21 August 2016. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miguel Ferrera.|
|This biographical article relating to sports in Honduras is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to Taekwondo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|